Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Do you "Smartie-box" your carry ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by pietskiet
    i carry jhp in mag and shot in the chamber. The shot is for snakes,i live on a smallholding,dont belive in the less lethal thing. But i can tell jou that it is not easy to hit a cornerd snake with a bullet. If a sd situation was to hapen a doubel tap should see that the basterd gets atleast 1 real jhp comming his way, if that doesnt stop him i wil dubeltap again
    see this to me is asinine Piet why shoot the snake, just leave it, unlike the criminal if you leave the snake alone it will leave you alone, save the pistol for its intended purpose also bro if you have based your IAD on the double tap you have just lost 50% of your primary response when you might only get that primary response!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Quote Originally Posted by pietskiet
    luckely they do yes.
    Have you shot at least 50 of them?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

To not put to fine a point on it IMHO carrying snakeshot in a SD gun is stupid. Very few pistols will feed them as reliably as a decent SD load. As SSP said have you tried 50 of them and to expand the point have you tried them strong hand only weak hand only and deliberately limp wristing them. When you need that double tap and the pistol has a stoppage because you aren't holding it properly and it was loaded with something with sub standard reliability that would be considered a bad thing. Especially when one hand is disabled and you struggle to clear it especially when it is because of something as unnecessary as killing snakes.

Neither a Dendroaspis polylepsis nor a Bitis arietans or any other venomous snake is going to cut your fence break down your door and torture the occupants of your house which is to my mind why we need a SD firearm. People will and that is why we need something that is ideal for stopping enraged violent attackers not reptiles.

OFF TOPIC RANT the killing of snakes in almost all situations is unnecessary and unwarranted. The vast majority of snake species are not venomous most venomous species are not lethal and the lethal ones bite either in self defence or as a feeding response. Snakes are not looking to bite you and most bites could be avoided by leaving the poor bloody thing alone. If you have a snake that needs removal there are scores of people who will remove the animal genereally at no cost to you. RANT OFF

User

Have to +10000 to abhm and BigT.

I can't say that I love snakes, but I have a respect for their unique beauty as well as an academic interest in snakebite. In 14 years as a Paramedic I have seen three snakebites: one a herpetologist (man with herpes ;D), one some guy trying to batter it with a pick handle and one a baby. Piet I understand that they give you the heebie-jeebies but try leaving them be. As BigT put it, they'd rather stay far away from you.

User

no dont care. If i find a puff ader or rinkels in my house then its as good as dead. In the veld is another mater. I love my dogs, to date the count is 1 snake and 8 dogs. The rinkels snakes play dead when the dogs atack and when they pick them up they strike. My cat is another story. Her head count stands at 5. So no,i hate them and no mater wat you guys say if it comes in my house and threatens my familys life then wats the difrence between it and a robber?

Once again my apologies if I repeat something that has been said already on the post as I very briefly went through it. I do not believe in mixing your ammo especially for private SD, firstly we will never be able to predict how and where the fight is going to happen, when looking at current trends the chances are slightly bigger that it will occur in your house, drive way, garden all with different "cover". Firstly let us look at the the prosecuter, maybe he is clued up and would like to portray you in a bad light by making statements that you where carrying different type of man killer body armor destroying hole drillers through engine blocks etc. I think you get my drift, and don't ever think this can't happen, then you might get to an in close and personal shoot whereby forensics might play a role(hopefully you made sure you got the clothing from the bad guy you just shot at a half a meter otherwise they might just destroy it, you are stating that you shot him nose to nose, his "fellow friends" are stating you shot him at ten meters, you decide to get independent forensics to prove your version, but oh no know you are not sure which ammo it was, what brand or what batch, if you use one type of ammo you can trace it back to the manufacturer and get all the detail for when you want to do forensics, yes I know this might be sounding like a CSI episode, but if you think this will never happen then you are very wrong.

A quick word on the "cover" that you might find, I see some talking about car doors, windshields etc. but I rarely hear anybody talking about normal house doors, couches, TVs, fridges desks, plants etc. these are the things that you will most probably encounter when things gets dirty in your house, what will the effect be if the bg is taking cover behind your TV etc. Maybe I should go out in the new year and perform some test on some of theses appliances, I am sure I should be able to get some stuff that is bound for the garbage, tell me what you guys think and let us see what we can do!

Quote Originally Posted by SWATG
    Once again my apologies if I repeat something that has been said already on the post as I very briefly went through it. I do not believe in mixing your ammo especially for private SD, firstly we will never be able to predict how and where the fight is going to happen, when looking at current trends the chances are slightly bigger that it will occur in your house, drive way, garden all with different "cover". Firstly let us look at the the prosecuter, maybe he is clued up and would like to portray you in a bad light by making statements that you where carrying different type of man killer body armor destroying hole drillers through engine blocks etc. I think you get my drift, and don't ever think this can't happen, then you might get to an in close and personal shoot whereby forensics might play a role(hopefully you made sure you got the clothing from the bad guy you just shot at a half a meter otherwise they might just destroy it, you are stating that you shot him nose to nose, his "fellow friends" are stating you shot him at ten meters, you decide to get independent forensics to prove your version, but oh no know you are not sure which ammo it was, what brand or what batch, if you use one type of ammo you can trace it back to the manufacturer and get all the detail for when you want to do forensics, yes I know this might be sounding like a CSI episode, but if you think this will never happen then you are very wrong.

A quick word on the "cover" that you might find, I see some talking about car doors, windshields etc. but I rarely hear anybody talking about normal house doors, couches, TVs, fridges desks, plants etc. these are the things that you will most probably encounter when things gets dirty in your house, what will the effect be if the bg is taking cover behind your TV etc. Maybe I should go out in the new year and perform some test on some of theses appliances, I am sure I should be able to get some stuff that is bound for the garbage, tell me what you guys think and let us see what we can do!
    +1 happy0065

I might just have a TV to donate for such a experiment grn1 The damm thing went on the blink tonight grn1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5