Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: P07 Gen 2 Decocker Failure

I just must say this, I cannot help myself: Get a GLOCK

Okay, if that is of my chest, sorry for the serious inconvenience. It is always a heart stopping event if something goes wrong with your new purchased firearm. Really crappy event.

What I want to get to is the discussion started by Big-T on the topic. I know a seriously lot of people that want to have a pistol with a safety device (CZ types for example), they hate and talk down and explain all the difficulties and perceived dangers of striker fired or decocker only or DA only firearms. (Glock types for example). And then they end up to also state that cocked and locked are not safe, or does not "feel' right etc. And when I watch them shooting they almost always do this one handed lowering the hammer without making sure the gun is clear maneuver. But that is fine, just as long as they have a safety on their gun they believe it to be safe gun to use. No safety = dangerous in their thoughts. I really struggle to understand the thought process in this regard.

User

You know what I really struggle to understand? People that climb into unrelated threads with their 'Get a Glock" comments.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    I just must say this, I cannot help myself: Get a GLOCK

Okay, if that is of my chest, sorry for the serious inconvenience. It is always a heart stopping event if something goes wrong with your new purchased firearm. Really crappy event.

What I want to get to is the discussion started by Big-T on the topic. I know a seriously lot of people that want to have a pistol with a safety device (CZ types for example), they hate and talk down and explain all the difficulties and perceived dangers of striker fired or decocker only or DA only firearms. (Glock types for example). And then they end up to also state that cocked and locked are not safe, or does not "feel' right etc. And when I watch them shooting they almost always do this one handed lowering the hammer without making sure the gun is clear maneuver. But that is fine, just as long as they have a safety on their gun they believe it to be safe gun to use. No safety = dangerous in their thoughts. I really struggle to understand the thought process in this regard.
    Even On a CZ thread 😆

I must admit... I bought a CZ P10C which I should be picking up any day now, and I am still very nervous about carrying it 1-up - even though that is my intention. I know I will probably end up carrying it with an empty chamber until I feel comfortable with it, and have some basic training under the belt. I was seriously considering a P-07 just for the (false) assurance of a manual safety.
    It's a daunting thought to be carrying a loaded pistol pointed at my family jewels.

Quote Originally Posted by Codie View Post
    It's a daunting thought to be carrying a loaded pistol pointed at my family jewels.
    It should be an entirely more daunting thought to be caught in a gunfight with an unloaded gun.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

So the dealer supplier only collected the firearm on Wednesday for repairs after I already booked it in on the previous Saturday. The firearm will be ready for collection on next week Tuesday.

I don't understand how it could take this long to replace the decocker lever as the actual replacement should be less than an hour.

Quite irritated by this.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by willemb30 View Post
    So the dealer supplier only collected the firearm on Wednesday for repairs after I already booked it in on the previous Saturday. The firearm will be ready for collection on next week Tuesday.

I don't understand how it could take this long to replace the decocker lever as the actual replacement should be less than an hour.

Quite irritated by this.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Their gunsmith may have a queue.

That’s a reality of life. And all those clients think their work is urgent.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Codie View Post
    I must admit... I bought a CZ P10C which I should be picking up any day now, and I am still very nervous about carrying it 1-up - even though that is my intention. I know I will probably end up carrying it with an empty chamber until I feel comfortable with it, and have some basic training under the belt. I was seriously considering a P-07 just for the (false) assurance of a manual safety.
    Then research and learn how the mechanisms and mechanics in the gun works, how the internal safety mechanisms sequentially disengage so that the fire when (and only when) the trigger is pulled fully to the rear, and at NO other time.

User

My PO7 came with only a manual safety, but the sticker on the box indicated it was a manual safety model. I work down the road from Formalito and could get a decocker. Easy to fit and install,10 minutes should be plenty of time, but if you have any doubt, let a smith do it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    I just must say this, I cannot help myself: Get a GLOCKOkay, if that is of my chest, sorry for the serious inconvenience. It is always a heart stopping event if something goes wrong with your new purchased firearm. Really crappy event.What I want to get to is the discussion started by Big-T on the topic. I know a seriously lot of people that want to have a pistol with a safety device (CZ types for example), they hate and talk down and explain all the difficulties and perceived dangers of striker fired or decocker only or DA only firearms. (Glock types for example). And then they end up to also state that cocked and locked are not safe, or does not "feel' right etc. And when I watch them shooting they almost always do this one handed lowering the hammer without making sure the gun is clear maneuver. But that is fine, just as long as they have a safety on their gun they believe it to be safe gun to use. No safety = dangerous in their thoughts. I really struggle to understand the thought process in this regard.
    I don't think a Glock corrects bad/unsafe gun owners.Training and understanding how your equipment works is how you correct bad and unsafe behaviour.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast