Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 243 or 270

Default Re: 243 or 270

Well well

Thank you for everyone's input. I really appreciated it. I have finally decided on a Ruger 25-06 remington, bought it today. I was looking more for something on the open plains than for the bush, I will never sell or trade my 303 for anything in the world. I know it is a lovely bush rifle and have taken many animals with it.

me,i'd go for .50 cal.that'd do everything.plains, bush, the works ;D
    i take knives to a gunfight

Ye Ha 50 cal fighting0002. Man I would also love to own a 50 BMG rifle and one of those .50 desert eagles, just for humour.

Back to the post, Check the new legislation that they are trying to push through with regards to minimum hunting calibres in SA. I think the .243 is ruled out. No use licencing a rifle you cant use legaly. I would say to get a 30 06, by the way or a .375.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wikus Pretorius
    Well well

Thank you for everyone's input. I really appreciated it. I have finally decided on a Ruger 25-06 remington, bought it today. I was looking more for something on the open plains than for the bush, I will never sell or trade my 303 for anything in the world. I know it is a lovely bush rifle and have taken many animals with it.
    Schaweeeet choice! I bought a Ruger .25-06 last year (still waiting for license) and I'm in the process of buying a 45-70! (I have a 30-06 already...)

I bought a 25-06 in 2007. It's a an excellent plains game rifle and have had no trouble sourcing components!
    Also have a 243 and recoil aside the 25 trumps it

Hi Wickus,

Where did you get the Ruger ?

Quote Originally Posted by makeminea10mm
    Hi Wickus,

Where did you get the Ruger ?
    Hi Makeminea

I bought it from arms for africa, herewith a web link http://home.mweb.co.za/af/afadrb/afa_home.html. I also know Hotpower in Krugersdorp had a Ruger Hawkeye 243 with wood stock available in middle December 2008. The main importer for Ruger is Formalito in Pretoria so you can contact them as well.

Regards

interesting, I thought the importer was guns and bows. Will give them a call tomorrow, I'm looking for a .338 or .300 hawkeye

Quote Originally Posted by makeminea10mm
    interesting, I thought the importer was guns and bows. Will give them a call tomorrow, I'm looking for a .338 or .300 hawkeye
    Hi

I think I might have made a mistake, with regards to the main importer of Ruger. I don't think it is Formalito, Formalito does the Remington range. Sorry. You were correct, it is Guns & Bows, but VLT also imports Ruger according to their site http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firear...ry=SouthAfrica. Hope this helps.

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2