Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bleak Friday

User

Default Re: Bleak Friday

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    Try getting rid of the crApple device and then take it from there ;)
    From your lips to gods ears. I run an 8 year old poverty grade Samsung and it serves me well enough. Wife and daughter both 'need' apple phones that cost as much as a pretty decent AR. Makes little to no sense to me.

User

If one blocked card leaves you stranded, you need to re-look at who you keeping your money with.

Besides for virtual cards, there is card-less cash withdrawal, e-wallet and scan to pay.
    Pretty sure I can link my cards through my app as well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    If one blocked card leaves you stranded, you need to re-look at who you keeping your money with.

Besides for virtual cards, there is card-less cash withdrawal, e-wallet and scan to pay.
    Pretty sure I can link my cards through my app as well.
    Indeed. I greatly appreciate the multiple ways to pay provided my phone is with me (and charged).

Less pocket real estate required.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Indeed. I greatly appreciate the multiple ways to pay provided my phone is with me (and charged).

Less pocket real estate required.
    In AUS everything is done and paid with your phone. Even your drivers licence is on your phone.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    In AUS everything is done and paid with your phone. Even your drivers licence is on your phone.
    Jip. Got back to sa and flashed Saps my yellow drivers license on my phone and they went haibo.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    From your lips to gods ears. I run an 8 year old poverty grade Samsung and it serves me well enough. Wife and daughter both 'need' apple phones that cost as much as a pretty decent AR. Makes little to no sense to me.
    There's a word for that situation, can't quite think of it right now, but there is a word.....

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Sorry to hear brother. Unfortunately the timing couldn't be worse for you but it could be worse if they drained your account!

The bank, in all likelihood, will reverse the fraudulent transaction/transactions but may take some time.

What I can suggest is to consider using virtual cards when purchasing online. You can add and remove virtual cards at will. They also have rotating CVV numbers which is just another level of safety. The CVV number changes every hour so it limits the risk in the unlikely scenario that your details are leaked.

If your mobile phone is NFC-enabled, you can use tap to pay on via your phone when making in-person payments. So, you don't have to worry about the card leaving your hand anymore!

These contactless payment options are great but I do (in the quiet moments) fear that it's all steps taking us running and skipping towards a cashless society. Remember the Canadian truckers and their sponsors?

Hope you get sorted soon.
    Never knew Virtual Cards worked like this.
    I will give them a try too

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    Your first mistake was assuming ABSA to be "tier 1".

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    I have a business account at ABSA and personal account at FNB.

ABSA is trash.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    I have a business account at ABSA and personal account at FNB.

ABSA is trash.
    Ditto. I only have the account with them because of the one facility rate i got which was substantially better than any of the competitors at the time. While it saves a fair bit of money it isn't free money. The quality of service has been incredibly bad. One example, and it is just one of many, is when their insurance company cancelled the cover on our home due to us getting hit by lightning more than they fancied.

They say they sent us notification thereof by snalimail (I had last received mail at home at least 5 years before this) and they completely ommitted to inform their colleagues in homeloans where our bond was held. Due to me not being on the ball wrt to expense monitoring I only figured this out 10 months later. In that time the insurance company helpfully continued sending me emails with tips and marketing which had the effect of masking the fact that I no longer enjoyed cover. The level of clusterfuckery required to achieve that kind of disconnect and unsecured exposure is 'impressive'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2