Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Home Security System Improvements - SMS Alert, Remote Pepper Gas etc

Post an intro, then contact the site owners for an advertising invoice.

Also, don't hijack threads with commercial posts.
    Last edited by SSP; 14-02-2011 at 15:45.

User

Default Re: Home Security System Improvements - SMS Alert, Remote Pepper Gas etc

Hi nevilleo

Your next post goes HERE please;
    And the one after that goes HERE please.

Thanks

User

Outside sensor problem - I have installed several Paradox PMD85W outside sensors, which supposedly should not be triggered by cats, but does get triggered. Does anybody know how I can solve the problem or should I get other sensors. (can not shoot the cat).

Quote Originally Posted by MariusP View Post
    . (can not shoot the cat).
    As if anyone on this site would even contemplate suggesting that.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Marius, the Paradox sensors are pretty good quality. Is this happening on only one of the sensors or is it a problem with all your outside sensors? My brother in law has had no hassles with the same system

User

DrDave, at least 4 of the outside sensors were activated by other than people.

User

I've been quite impressed by RoboGuard sensors for all this. Battery operated sensors (8 x DD cells - lasts about 8 years the manufacturers reckon), waterproof, tamper alert, mobile rechargeable 'HQ' system (up to eight zones per HQ) with out-plug to plug into existing/other alarm systems. Each unit has two sensors, one approximately 40cm above the other, both of which beams must be broken within 0.5 seconds of each other to trigger the alarm which prevents cats, dogs and even Hadedas from triggering them all day long.

Have a look at their site - www.roboguard.co.za - I don't have any affiliation with them but they are local and they work. I caught myself an intruder two nights after installing them!

I think they may work nicely for the camping scene as well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MariusP View Post
    DrDave, at least 4 of the outside sensors were activated by other than people.
    Marius, I don't have an answer but I'd suggest you contact the distributor, not the installer. At the price of those Paradox outdoor passives not only should they work properly, they should mow the lawn for you too

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    I've been quite impressed by RoboGuard sensors for all this. Battery operated sensors (8 x DD cells - lasts about 8 years the manufacturers reckon), waterproof, tamper alert, mobile rechargeable 'HQ' system (up to eight zones per HQ) with out-plug to plug into existing/other alarm systems. Each unit has two sensors, one approximately 40cm above the other, both of which beams must be broken within 0.5 seconds of each other to trigger the alarm which prevents cats, dogs and even Hadedas from triggering them all day long.

Have a look at their site - www.roboguard.co.za - I don't have any affiliation with them but they are local and they work. I caught myself an intruder two nights after installing them!

I think they may work nicely for the camping scene as well.
    JS4,
    How long would the rechargable HQ system last? Overnight?
    My interest is in using the system when camping in remote areas as an early warning system.(Sadly our 4 legged early warning unit is no longer with us) Normally the only power available would be from my truck/bakkie.

User

DR Dave - I will be contacting the SA supplier.

JS4 - Thanks, but I already have 8 roboguards at my current house. They work fine, but animals sometimes do funny things and the odd false alarm does occur (advice to other: do not put them in rain and sun if you can avoid it - you will pick up problems after a while). The Paradox system will be used at another location, and I wanted to be informed via SMS what is happening, and thus one system was needed and not two as I currently have.

THOMAST - The Roboguard would be perfect for camping. I use them for that aswell. Just take the HQ with and a couple of sensors and I think you could get about 3, maby 4 nights from the HQ. The sensors will give you about 2 to 3 years without battery change.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast