Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: .270 Silencer advice

Quote Originally Posted by 123m View Post
    Can any comment on the gun warrior shorty silencer for a 223 especially, what reduction of sound can one expect, obviously estimated,?

Is there any silencer that can reduce the sound to allow one to shoot indoors without earmuffs?
    Probably not, if you are using a centerfire rifle, unless you are shooting sub-sonic ammunition.

User

Thanks. Is material of construction, aluminum vs stainless steel, the main thing to consider when choosing?

In my opinion the material of construction is one of the last things to consider, unless you want to shoot rapidly and/or for extended periods. This choice could also be affected by the maintenance requirements of the particular silencer and the caliber.

Regarding the issue of shooting indoor without earpro, I suspect the impact of the bullet by itself could well be loud enough to be objectionable, although that is probably affected by the backstop material.

User

While the price might be more than you want to spend, I can highly recommend the Ase Utra SL5i. I have one on my .270 win, and I am very impressed.

It weighs approximately 335g and adds 103mm to the barrel length.

I bought mine from Danie Joubert I think his business is called freeborn arms.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 123m View Post
    Can any comment on the gun warrior shorty silencer for a 223 especially, what reduction of sound can one expect, obviously estimated,?

Is there any silencer that can reduce the sound to allow one to shoot indoors without earmuffs?
    The Shorty has a Muzzle Brake at start and then several Baffle up to end. Also allowing for a Muzzle Break externally.

Its very effective and on Par with my SL5. At a fraction of the cost. If you go Semi auto you need to tell them as they then put in a Stainless Muzzle break.

Very few will be hearing safe. Wont hurt ears. But all eve subsonic is much louder indoors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2