Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: How do you drive?

Keep your windows down about .5 centimeters it makes the really hard to break.

Quote Originally Posted by L~C~G View Post
    I really hate when these guys come up to you in a not very threatening way to ask you for something. It is very difficult to handle this type of situation.
    It is very difficult. Very often – most of the time probably – the guy is simply hoping to earn a buck off you by helping you. Very often also people are simply curious observers. The problem is you do not always know who is trying to lend a bit of honest help or is simply curious about what you are doing and who may have other ideas in mind. It is something that you have to deal with quite often if you overland in Africa. A very high degree of alertness and wariness is often required. Also, if you are concerned you have to try to deal with things in a way which will not result in an unnecessary escalation – bearing in mind that very often there are villages and other people from the community around as well. Inappropriate action or words on your part may sometimes result in an unpleasant escalation of matters. So my advice is: be very aware, be very alert and be very careful about what you say or do in response to anyone. Try to politely decline all assistance unless you really really need it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by cerop View Post
    , cellphone on the seat between my legs.
    I agree with you on all points you made except for the cell phone on the seat between the legs. My reasons, form previous experiences, if you are in a accident and your car happens to roll and trust me cars roll very easily, your cell phone will be gone, and if you don't memorize numbers like I don't any more, thats what the cell is for, you cant phone anyone for help.
    If you are hi-jacked and you reach between your legs to get your phone you might get shot for making a wrong move.
    Keep it in your pocket while you are driving you do not need it then.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5