Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Sig P250 wins and loses Dutch Contract

The Federal Air Marshals also dumped their P250's a while back didn't they? IIRC it did really poorly in the ATF trials as well. A turd.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

IIRC the 250 also did not make recent trials in the US where the M&P and Glock got the contracts?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    the only problem is a big problem in my book..... how long is too long , time or round count?
    Probably both. I'll put a couple hundred rounds or so through her when I'm home, punch the barrel, swab the chamber, scrub the guts and douche her down w/a preserver. Its definitely not enough, but I'm usually in a bit of a hustle when I'm back there. She's still in great shape. I gave her a proper thorough scrub last time and she hums like an engine. She's my GP range beater.

That is some bad publicity!!! Hopefully it will only stick to the model and not the brand name.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

User

they should just forward the pistol-training torture test results of the P30 to them.
    *SOLD*

the guy went for 1000-2000 rounds between cleanings and getting perfect results.
    I wonder if a cop would ever fire 2000rounds in his career?

In 91,322 rounds, the gun was only cleaned fifteen times — once going over 12,000 rounds between cleanings. It was rarely lubed more often than once every 4-5,000 rounds. Multiple days per week it was subjected to consecutive hours of high volume rapid fire practice that often made the gun too hot to touch.
    http://pistol-training.com/archives/2668

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    Today, Minister Opltesten of the Ministry of Justice and Security informed the Dutch government that effective immediately the contract for 40,000 Sig P250's had been cancelled as Sig could not deliver adequately functioning pistols after being given three chances at doing so.

Notice of cancellation PDF in Dutch

http://media.rtl.nl/media/actueel/rt...ienstwapen.pdf

Other test participants are being contacted now, among them H&K (P30) and Walther (P99). The language in the notice, which is an official government document is bad for Sig. It includes this gem...

'There is no longer sufficient trust in the quality of the gun, nor in the ability of the manufacturer to improve and maintain the quality of the weapon'

Ouch!
    Why would anyone in their right mind even consider the P99? Very surprised not to see M&P 9 and Glock in the running for that contract. Were there any requirements stipulated that would've disqualified Glock/M&P?

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

i suppose business was done the "continental way" ;)
    live out your imagination , not your history.

I am sure there were requirements that disqualified both Glock and the M&P...one being having to pull the trigger to disassemble the gun.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    i suppose business was done the "continental way" ;)
    Actually the acceptance tests on the delivered production pistols were done by a third party...the German Beschussamt at Ulm and not by either the Dutch Police or the ministry.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2