Thread: 870 coating

User

Default 870 coating

Hi, there. Im in the market for a shotgun.
    I have been looking round the discussions about shotguns, and have noticed that the 870 comes highly recommended. I saw on the website they have one with a "marine" coat. It caught my eye. My question is what are the different coats' advantages, and is it better to buy a standard"black" shotgun then have it coated.
    Basically want the shotgun for SD and the occasional pig shooting and vermin. Would like to get into clays also.870marine_mag-prod.jpg

Default Re: 870 coating

The Marine Coat gun you show in the pic has been discontimued for one with a black powder coating. These are not holding up coat-wise nearly so well as the original silver finish. The Marine Model, BTW is an Express and not a Wingmaster.

The standard Express guns have a matt blue finish although the lack of polish makes it look like parkerizing. The Police Models are available in either a better polished but still slightly matted blue or parked. Wingmasters only in the bright highly polished blue.

They also now have some Express 'Tactical' models out with funky green or tan, etc. powder coat jobs. Me, I'd just get a blue or parkerized (if I got the Police Model) gun and if it had finish issues later, get it Ceracoated locally.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Default Re: 870 coating

Contact these guys: http://numenor.co.za/ their work is top notch! Or pm Teufel Hund on the forum he is also affiliated with Numenor.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"