Thread: Gecado Model 35

Banned

Default Gecado Model 35

Hi Folks! Just bought a Gecado Mod 35 in good condition. Have some questions:
    1. How do I open the mechanism above the trigger to release the spring? I'm sure the gun needs a little TLC, a new velletjie as well as plenty of oil.
    2. Where do I get a front sight?
    3. Where do I get a new spring? - if necessary
    4. What are these guns worth nowadays? I paid R300, which seems a very reasonable price.

Thanks for any advice!

User

Default Re: Gecado Model 35

You have the opposite problem to me... I'm missing the rear sight on mine. I use a scope though, mine has an 11mm rail so I can but yours may not.

To remove the mechanism you just prise off the steel cap then remove the two pins keeping the spring and trigger mechanism in place... but if you've never done it before, and don't have the tools to compress the spring, I would not recommend it. You're likely to injure yourself, that spring is a sonofabitch and, if I recall correctly, there are 3 steel ball bearings around the trigger assembly that are a pain to put back... I took mine apart 20 years ago and managed to reassemble it and it functions flawlessly still today but it was an interesting exercise disassembling and getting it back together...

Default Re: Gecado Model 35

what Scrubba said.

about 20years ago I made a jig on my work bench with a long bolt pushing a metal plate against the inside steel tube at the back. That took the tension off the pins that Scrubba spoke about. I then covered everything with a sheet and blanket to catch everything that shot out as I lifted the rifle out of the jig. It takes a lot of clever thinking and about 3 pairs of hands to put the thing back together again.

As Scrubba said, be careful...losing some of the bits is a seriously likely event, but personal injury is just as likely!

Very nice air rifle, BTW!