Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Alpine bows

User

Default Re: Alpine bows

If you're patient I'd like to make a suggestion. Sit around on the classifieds on sites like anchorpoint.co.za and bowhuntingforum.co.za. Too often are people replacing their 10 month old fully kitted bows to replace them with the latest and greatest tech or the newest models. If you're patient you can pick up entire medium to high-end kits for an absolute steal. This is all budget dependent of course, but I've seen older top end bows with 10 arrows, 5 pin sight, rests, stabs, case, etc. going for less than 6k at times.

For example:
    http://www.anchorpoint.co.za/showthr...iance-full-kit
    http://bowhuntingforum.co.za/viewtopic.php?t=11830

There's even releases in those deals. In my experience the price is also always neg.

User

Hi Cairbre, thanks for the hint. Gettin a better deal would akways be great especially if I can get more out of it, but, being in the middle of nowhere makes the deciding and finding stuff to test fire difficult enough already.
    In the new department I've been looking between the assassin and hoyt charger. There was also the mission ballistic. This is a very expensive mission so I'm looking to buy once and not again for a very long time. From all my google Fu-ing and the figures my favorite so far is the assassin. I just need to get to test the darn things.
    My nearest town is 40km away with no bow shop. Next nearest towns are 90km away in opposite directions. None of their bow people keep stock because of the costs so no try outs. Their prices would aboviously be higher as well. this sucks.
    I think I need to go to the big smoke sometime...

User

Ouch, didn't notice you were in the middle of nowhere.

If you make your way to PTA at some point, I can recommend archer's edge to test any of the bowtech or diamond bows. While there, you can also get them to measure your draw length correctly. Otherwise magnum archery who I believe carry mission and hoyt.

You're going about it the right way with wanting to test the bows. It's a rather expensive startup cost, so you'll likely want to get it right first time. Also, bows last a very long time if they're well maintained.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3