User

Default "unporting" a Benelli M2 barrel

I bought a Benelli M2 practical shotgun wanting to compete in open division IPSC, but I have decided to rather use it in standard division, problem is that the barrel is factory ported. How can I fix this? Is it possible to cut the barrel shorter and then re-thread for the chokes or is buying a new barrel my only option?

User

Quote Originally Posted by karoo.vellies View Post
    I bought a Benelli M2 practical shotgun wanting to compete in open division IPSC, but I have decided to rather use it in standard division, problem is that the barrel is factory ported. How can I fix this? Is it possible to cut the barrel shorter and then re-thread for the chokes or is buying a new barrel my only option?
    Have a sleeve made that fits over the ports. Been done previously and worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: "unporting" a Benelli M2 barrel

Looking at my M2 Tactical it does not seem possible to re-thread for chokes.

The "threaded" portion of the barrel is of a slighly larger diameter to provide for the threading so it seems to me that barrel profile when shortened wil not allow for threading.

Another consideration is that the barrel (on my M2) is chrome lined so cutting need to be done very carefully and by someone that knows how to do that so that the cutting does not cause flaking at the muzzle.

User

Any ideas where I can get another barrel then? I am having communication difficulties with the importer, they don't come back to me with a price and when how and where we can get this barrel.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by karoo.vellies View Post
    Any ideas where I can get another barrel then? I am having communication difficulties with the importer, they don't come back to me with a price and when how and where we can get this barrel.
    Have exactly the same problem, have tried getting another barrel with not much luck, although that will currently require another license application, get your name in at Suburban Guns in Cape Town, speak to Jonathan.
    They are expecting(if all goes well) another shipment in by March 2014.

User

If the collar idea doesn't work, can't you get someone to thread the ports then insert screws into them?

KBK

User

I will have to find out, but that barrel wall looks a bit on the thin side