Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Default Re: American Report on John Robby Show

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    From PC to AC. Dafuq!?
    There's a method behind the madness of science, not behind the madness of political correctness...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Todor View Post
    We are not in disagreement about that. We are in disagreement about guns being responsible for Chicago's reduction in crime - because it happened before the guns arrived.

e.g I am interested to know what actually caused it versus just re-affirming what I already know about guns (that they aren't the problem).
    Cool.

But I'm not saying firearms is the only reason for the drop in crime, just that it is a contributory factor.

As for your assertion that the drop in crime happened before the guns arrived, I don't know those facts and dates. I do know however that the mere opening up of the possibility of the guns arriving in the near future (such as that a CCW law has been approved) will already influence criminals' decision-making and risk analysis.

Very much in the way that Lott showed how an increase in CCW among females benefited non-carrying females too in that the rape rate in it's entirety decreased, not just for those that carry.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    I do know however that the mere opening up of the possibility of the guns arriving in the near future (such as that a CCW law has been approved) will already influence criminals' decision-making and risk analysis.

Very much in the way that Lott showed how an increase in CCW among females benefited non-carrying females too in that the rape rate in it's entirety decreased, not just for those that carry.
    It is illogical, but I won't go as far to say impossible. Maybe the criminals never got the memo about the delay in issuing CCW permits.

User

Podcast is on my server http://foxred.co.za/podcasts/20140826USReport.mp3

Right click and select "save link as" to download a local copy.

User

Heard Harley on the JR show this morning and thought' This will be a good post on Gunsite" but got beaten to it. lol
    The above #54 responses attest to this

User

I'm not quite sure about JR's true stance - I had him on the range a few years ago with a MAG and I couldn't get him off it!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    I'm not quite sure about JR's true stance - I had him on the range a few years ago with a MAG and I couldn't get him off it!
    Then let's offer him a PKM and a case of ammo! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Then let's offer him a PKM and a case of ammo! :-)

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by spiggs View Post
    Okay, okay.... Maybe an MG42 rather.

Quote Originally Posted by Todor View Post
    We are not in disagreement about that. We are in disagreement about guns being responsible for Chicago's reduction in crime - because it happened before the guns arrived.

e.g I am interested to know what actually caused it versus just re-affirming what I already know about guns (that they aren't the problem).
    Lott has posted a list of studies that are peer-reviewed. The studies come to the conclusion of either a positive effect or no effect. The only studies which had a negative correlation failed peer review ...

I haven't checked the stats but if Chicago's contact crime began dropping before the actual licenses were issued it does not mean the CCW had no effect. The major publicity around the fact that it was now legal (with nothing said about actual licensing) creates the perception in the BGs that CCW is now around, even if it factually is not. Therefore the perception of the CCW is as powerful deterrent as actual CCW. Which goes to the theory that 99.9999% of a gun's work is done sitting quietly in a holster.

But you are perfectly correct to dismantle the figures. Real attacks on these results will come so we need to be able to bat them all off.

Interestingly, Bloomberg has spent about 250milllion on gun control and has yet to come up with any credible study, yet Lott has spent about 500k and has beaten Bloomberg to a pulp.

I googled gun control studies and peer review and came across an article on a gun control website explaining why peer review was bad - and all it was was a concoction of "the dog ate my homework so I can't pass" excuses.

I am sure on this website we have doctors, can any of them do some research to rebut the rubbish put out by Abrahams, Matzopolous and Van As? What about the CSIR? Any scientists here who could help us?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6