Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
    User

Default Re: The United Sport-shooting Confederation

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Just attending an AGM should be instant Dedicated status...
    I like

But will an AGM then be held in every province?

SAPSA knows this, so have a chat to the specific club, and contact the chairman if nessecary. SAPSA members and affiliated clubs are a friendly bunch in general, who will welcome visitors and new members. In my experience at least...
    It is official SAPSA policy not to allow non-SAPSA visitors to shoot any SAPSA sanctioned events (level II and up, if I am not mistaken). Also, not all SAPSA members are SAGA members ...

But yes, we are a friendly bunch ...

User

I agree with the idea of picking a number of activities which must be completed and assigning 1 point per day to the activity is the way to go, this evens it out between all the sports.

Saying that dedication must be determined by how much money you can spend on shooting is absurd. Well done to the guy who can spend 40k on ammo a year and who can by every msr he can find does that make him more dedicated than myself I don't think so.

I am a NSA member, I shot way more than the required 3 activities, fired several thousand rounds. Why can I not enjoy the same privileges as others.

The reason we have this problem is because some bloke allegedly has 80 msr's, if he uses each one of those for sport then why should he not have them, if he bought them to have some fun and impress his friends revoke his licences that's the law.

The problem has a simple solution assign a number of minimum activities, and prove that you use each sec 16 firearm for its intended purpose.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistix View Post
    It is official SAPSA policy not to allow non-SAPSA visitors to shoot any SAPSA sanctioned events (level II and up, if I am not mistaken). Also, not all SAPSA members are SAGA members ...

But yes, we are a friendly bunch ...
    The reason why SAPSA have this policy, is because SAPSA membership includes liability insurance. They do not want to carry the risk, of an uninsured person getting injured or causing an injury on the range, which is quite sensible, hence the policy. If, however, you can prove that you do have similar insurance (as SAGA members do), they will be most accomodating.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Guys... we are extremely wary of mission creep.

Our initial aim is to provide the much-needed united voice of sport-shooting, and secondly to try to bridge the divides between all the flavours of DSS accreditation.

Anything beyond this may follow, but right now its a political battle to forestall onerous (and punitive) new proposed legislation.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

I appreciate what you are doing Paul.

User

Thanks Paul and all involved I sincerely hope this will work we need this now more than ever!!!!

I hear what you say Paul, and that is fine ... just think there is much more we can achieve as a unified group, but let's get the DSS thing sorted out first then.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistix View Post
    I hear what you say Paul, and that is fine ... just think there is much more we can achieve as a unified group, but let's get the DSS thing sorted out first then.
    Baby-steps.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31