Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Sniper torch issues

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    We decided to stick to importing Elzetta and Inforce as our core lighting products.
    Yeah I spoke to Jacques about it a while back. I was a bit bummed as I saved up and really wanted an S20 Baton. You guys had it on special before it got dropped from your store for ~R600 I think. I didn't get one, but after fondling some of the Elzetta and Inforce lights I thought your choice was a good one. Looks and feels more solid than the O'Lights did, and the button placements are also more ergonomic. Not interested in O'Light anymore though, I found a neat liking in Fenix for some reason...

PS: When are you getting some CR123A/18650 and chargers in stock again? It's been out of stock on your website for ages now... :(

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Yeah I spoke to Jacques about it a while back. I was a bit bummed as I saved up and really wanted an S20 Baton. You guys had it on special before it got dropped from your store for ~R600 I think. I didn't get one, but after fondling some of the Elzetta and Inforce lights I thought your choice was a good one. Looks and feels more solid than the O'Lights did, and the button placements are also more ergonomic. Not interested in O'Light anymore though, I found a neat liking in Fenix for some reason...

PS: When are you getting some CR123A/18650 and chargers in stock again? It's been out of stock on your website for ages now... :(
    We were one of the few stores that started importing and holding stock of the 18650 batteries and chargers but since the Ezlettas and Inforce lights do not use those we cut the line.

There are now several others stores and importers that stock the lines so the products are readily available.

I would go with the better known brands of rechargeable lithiums if I had to buy now - for example Nitecore and Klarus (not exclusive but example).

Personally I do not think 650mah rechargeable Cr123 batteries are worth it for use in a Tac light due to short run time and steep drop in end performance compared to 3V CR123 Lithiums.

If CR123 replacements do not fit into the budget I would seriously suggest a 18650 driven torch.

User

Yeah my torches both run on either CR123A's or 18650's (approved from Fenix). So I think I have to bite the proverbial bullet and invest in some 18650's. I'll need 4. And a charger. Ouch. I see TAKEALOT has a good price on Fenix 18650's and a NiteCore i2 smart charger. Perhaps I should make it my next purchase. Keep the CR123A's for emergencies.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Yeah my torches both run on either CR123A's or 18650's (approved from Fenix). So I think I have to bite the proverbial bullet and invest in some 18650's. I'll need 4. And a charger. Ouch. I see TAKEALOT has a good price on Fenix 18650's and a NiteCore i2 smart charger. Perhaps I should make it my next purchase. Keep the CR123A's for emergencies.
    I am buying some 18650s in 3100mah for myself from Nitecore so if you need then let Jolene in the store know and we can get you some at a good price.

The 3100mah is quite a bit more expensive than the 2400 but worth it imo.

18650 batteries are quite resilient - I have some Cytac batteries that are probably 5 years old and still take a good charge.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    I am buying some 18650s in 3100mah for myself from Nitecore so if you need then let Jolene in the store know and we can get you some at a good price.
    Maybe not a crappy idea. Will you please send me a PM regarding the types of prices I'll be looking at Sir?

User

Best is send Jolene an e-mail (jd at hailstormza.com) and refer to the Nitecore 18650 batt 3100mah. She will send you pricing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4