User

Default Re: Hello from Stellenbosch

Welcome

User

Welcome!

User

Thanks everyone! Will probably go to Legally Armed on the way home from Safari Outdoor on the day just to give it a run, but I think I will join both Kraaifontein and SWPC for comradery and weekend shoots. Im quite interested in a sport style discipline but will check it all out. It's a shame Stellenbosch doesn't have a range anymore, there used to be two, the pistol and rifle ranges I remember.

I have since my last post received my approval sms and have posted in the approvals group. Super stoked! Was quite fast I think, compared to many. I think I am lucky. Waiting too anxiously now, even spam sms' trigger a rise in heartbeat in hopes of the infamous 'ready for collection at DFO' sms heheh :) I will start phoning my DFO soon enough though.

On another note, as a first time visitor to a range or club, are there any pointers or tips besides the general range etiquette for a first timer? Obviously a little nervous so any info would be highly appreciated. Would even be keen to meet up with anyone more experienced to show the ropes a little.

Oh and does anybody have a number for the WC printers? Just so I can keep my finger on things. I tried searching a few times but came up dry.

Cheers and thanks for all the great info on the forum, definitely helps easy the waiting time!

User

Welcome!

User

Quote Originally Posted by FarmGuyWC View Post
    Thanks everyone! Will probably go to Legally Armed on the way home from Safari Outdoor on the day just to give it a run, but I think I will join both Kraaifontein and SWPC for comradery and weekend shoots. Im quite interested in a sport style discipline but will check it all out. It's a shame Stellenbosch doesn't have a range anymore, there used to be two, the pistol and rifle ranges I remember.

I have since my last post received my approval sms and have posted in the approvals group. Super stoked! Was quite fast I think, compared to many. I think I am lucky. Waiting too anxiously now, even spam sms' trigger a rise in heartbeat in hopes of the infamous 'ready for collection at DFO' sms heheh :) I will start phoning my DFO soon enough though.

On another note, as a first time visitor to a range or club, are there any pointers or tips besides the general range etiquette for a first timer? Obviously a little nervous so any info would be highly appreciated. Would even be keen to meet up with anyone more experienced to show the ropes a little.

Oh and does anybody have a number for the WC printers? Just so I can keep my finger on things. I tried searching a few times but came up dry.

Cheers and thanks for all the great info on the forum, definitely helps easy the waiting time!
    Got hold of the WC printers yesterday (021 950 1406) but no confirmation my card has been printed yet, holding thumbs as the WC seems to be going quite quick nowadays.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FarmGuyWC View Post
    Got hold of the WC printers yesterday (021 950 1406) but no confirmation my card has been printed yet, holding thumbs as the WC seems to be going quite quick nowadays.

Welcome. I too am from Stellenbosch.
    Received approval SMS on 25 May and now impatiently waiting for my Collection SMS.
    Im making a nuisance of myself with my local DFO but im like a 5 year old knowing its his BD tomorrow so im sure he'll understand.

maybe we can go to the range together sometime....my first firearm (CZ P07 Gen 2) and used for SD.

Im hoping to also enroll for some more training.

User

Howdy from Texas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2