Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Where to start...

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask, what is the best procedure or approach to use, when one wants to own a pistol, shotgun, semi auto?

I wish to shoot competitively after seeing some competition videos and wondered whether I would be able to replicate some of those awesome skills I saw.

Sorry if this has been asked or answered elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Banned

Default Re: Where to start...

Good morning and welcome at Gunsite!

Do you have any shooting experience? Basic shooting skills are a requirement to shoot in club shoots. It does not happen overnight and one should really not do a club shoot without some knowledge and a little experience. It can only end in a disqualification or similar nasty experience.

Contact a shooting club near you and get someone to show you the ropes.

Then, once you are more familiar with firearms, try a club shoot with borrowed firearms.

Then do you competancy and get sport status.

Then buy firearm/s and apply for licences.

Then go big

User

Find an IDPA or IPSC club in your area, (you can google clubs and get contact details), go to a club shoot, speak to some of the shooters and decide what you want to get. Some (many) of the shooters will gladly assist with advice and probably let you shoot a club shoot or two with their gun while you wait for your own.

Thanks guys!

I have some familiarity with weapons having completed military service a long time ago, so not completely a novice.

I am based in centurion, can you advise on whether there is a good club locally, or perhaps there is a member reading that knows the local clubs?

I am happy to meet or talk or contact anyone who can assist me on this journey.

Banned

Centurion Defensive Pistol Club.

Go the local clubs and check them out to see if you like them. Generally sport shooters are quite friendly and clubs like to have new members.

Thanks all!

User

User

CDPC (Centurion Defensive Pistol Club) have a club shoot soon, and also a fun shoot early in December. Maybe you can attend and see what it's all about. Be warned though, you'll be wanting to rush out and buy a gun soon afterwards.��

Quote Originally Posted by OomD View Post
    CDPC (Centurion Defensive Pistol Club) have a club shoot soon, and also a fun shoot early in December. Maybe you can attend and see what it's all about. Be warned though, you'll be wanting to rush out and buy a gun soon afterwards.��
    I look forward to it. Where can I find out more?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast