Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Micro Roni for G17

I got one of these yesterday:

Today I put 130 rounds through it. Not a single failure to fire. And I was shooting as fast as I could on the last 30.

I struggled to zero the sights at first, but that was my stupidity. All shots touching each other at 25m. Three out of five in the down zero at 50.

One on target at 100m.
    Nothing on target at 300m.

I plan to play with it a bit and do a better review after. I'll also be using it in the DMG league at the end of the month.

User

Default Re: Micro Roni for G17

I used mine at the last league. Had some issues at first because my rear pistol sight was rubbing against the Roni inside, it needed a tap to go into battery. With a bit of fine sand paper followed by some silicon spray, it now runs perfectly.

Not sighted in before, I eventually managed to hit the steel at 75m

User

Will you be using another firearm as a pistol. In other words will the g17 and Roni be a dedicated carbine?

If not what is the procedure to load the g17 into the Roni?
    Time wise and safety wise(muzzle direction)

User

PLease let us know if the system holds zero when removing and re-inserting the pistol.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

Sean,

I tried that and it was OK. Moved slightly to the right, but that could have been me too.

Singh17, I'm shooting a G26 in DMG, so the 17 is dedicated while shooting multi-gun stuff.

User

At 300m with a 25m zero using 124gr Ball youre looking at 143 inches of drop.

That is a LOT of holdover.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Have one for G19. I love it. Has a laser and reflex sight on. Staying on a farm. Needless to say my Glock goes into the Roni as the sun settles. It works really nice for night time applications. I am not concerned about 300 m accuracy (LOL). Just need better night time tools and that is taken cared of by the Roni+G19 with G43 then going to primary side arm instead of BUG. Roni setup stays close at hand.

I cannot see how a Roni can be used with only one pistol available for DMG? Transition is not possible? And time and safety as well. When needing to go to rifle from pistol the SO will have to stop you, give unload and show clear command and then you can fiddle to get your pistol in or out?? Or something like that. IMO, cannot be done.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Have one for G19. I love it. Has a laser and reflex sight on. Staying on a farm. Needless to say my Glock goes into the Roni as the sun settles. It works really nice for night time applications. I am not concerned about 300 m accuracy (LOL). Just need better night time tools and that is taken cared of by the Roni+G19 with G43 then going to primary side arm instead of BUG. Roni setup stays close at hand.

I cannot see how a Roni can be used with only one pistol available for DMG? Transition is not possible? And time and safety as well. When needing to go to rifle from pistol the SO will have to stop you, give unload and show clear command and then you can fiddle to get your pistol in or out?? Or something like that. IMO, cannot be done.
    It can not really be done, especially as your handgun is meant to suppliment your long guns if they go down.

We did rock it once or twice when DMG first started up with a "run what you bring" attitude that allowed K98 Mausers and lever guns. But once the rules were nailed down properly it isn't really feasible.

User

I've now run the Micro Roni through two SADPA DMG leagues. It seems to work perfectly well out to about 40 meters. After that, you do need to concentrate a bit (or not, in my case). There has not been a single problem with reliability, it does not seem to take a lot longer than the guys with the bigger and better guns and I'm having a ball.

I have added an optic to it since the last post.

On Saturday I struggled with the 90m gongs, but I was certainly not the only one.

Reloading my shotgun is an entirely different matter.

User

Pic's with the new optic?

Does the Micro have a fold out stock like the K-Pos?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast