Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: How many firearms can you own if you do not have dedicated status?

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    With Natshoot you have to undertake 2 activities per annum to maintain DH and another 2 for DS. If you want send me a message and I’ll call you to chat about options 072 six one 3 five3 o1
    Thanks but I'm not going the dedicated route just yet, maybe in a year or two when things calm down my end :)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I would join Natshoot for DSS. For OSS you may join a registered shooting range to help with motivating for another handgun. You would just say that you require the G17 as it’s more suited to doing the odd shot at the range. G17 is well suited for range stuff, longer barrel etc.
    My motivation for a S15 Sport gun wasn’t very long.

Others on here are much better at doing motivations than I, maybe some will chime in. Roach?

Edit: I see Cordite has kindly offered help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ok, so that's a no for Natshoot and rather join something like False Bay Shooting Range?

Just checked and it doesn't look like False Bay has a shooting range one can join? They just seem to offer courses, training and shooting packages?

Milnerton Shooting Association seems like the next best place to join.

User

100%, I am a member there and enjoy the club. Anyone can join.

There is also Kraaifontein Range out North.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

http://www.falsebaysportshooting.com/Membership.aspx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Ok, so that's a no for Natshoot and rather join something like False Bay Shooting Range?
    If you are not going Dedicated you don’t need to join anything, where joining a club is handy is if you shoot lots. Then you would probably pay a membership fee for unlimited range access, club events might be discounted etc. so cost it out. If your intended shooting will exceed the membership fee, join. If not pay the ad-hoc entrance and don’t worry about it.

If you are not going Dedicated you don’t need to join anything, where joining a club is handy is if you shoot lots. Then you would probably pay a membership fee for unlimited range access, club events might be discounted etc. so cost it out. If your intended shooting will exceed the membership fee, join. If not pay the ad-hoc entrance and don’t worry about it.
    Well it's two-fold, griffin said it would help my motivation when applying for a Glock 19 under occasional sports shooting if you belong to a club.
    I would also use the range to sight my rifle occasionally and would probably use it more often if I joined. Does anyone know what a day pass costs at Milnerton?

Question: Can my motivation contain a bit of both, in other words, include motivation for occasional sport shooting and then also include as motivation the gun to be used for hunting of pigs and the like. Don't see the harm in it, or is it best to stick to one?

User

They fall into any discipline that they can be motivated for.
    Excellent thanks, so having more than 2 handguns not really the issue but more so more than 1 gun per discipline?

I unfortunately have plenty time on my hands so will surely learn the requirements as I go.

Thanks

User

Well it's two-fold, griffin said it would help my motivation when applying for a Glock 19 under occasional sports shooting if you belong to a club.
    I would also use the range to sight my rifle occasionally and would probably use it more often if I joined. Does anyone know what a day pass costs at Milnerton?

Question: Can my motivation contain a bit of both, in other words, include motivation for occasional sport shooting and then also include as motivation the gun to be used for hunting of pigs and the like. Don't see the harm in it, or is it best to stick to one?
    Hi Soldier, im not an expert but from what ive read here I have made the following conclusions.

You dont need credentials (club or states etc) to license 1 FA under section 15.

Regardless of FA you want to license under 15 (occasional hunting or occasional sport shooting), you can go for either.

But if it is a glock you want extra the guys here are advising you to go occasional sport shooting route as it will be easier to motivate a handgun for sport shooting than hunting. If you legally license it under occasional sport shooting there are no credentials to maintain this license however nothing will stop you from taking it with you on the hunt.

More technicality than a legal issue imo.

If it is for a semi auto handgun stick to sport. Even if you just mention hunting in passing you run the risk of them focussing on that and refusing it on the basis that you can't hunt with it.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast