Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Any dealers out there that still take interest free "lay-byes" for FA?

Hello Gunsiters.

I am finishing up my competency and need to buy a FA but sadly I don't have the cash in one lump and I am unable to do credit for various historical reasons. I can pay it in 2 installments but most of the shops say it must be paid in full

Preferably I would like to go new, so please let me know if you guys have come across a dealer who can accommodate me perhaps.

Thanks Guys.
    Clintie

User

Default Re: Any dealers out there that still take interest free "lay-byes" for FA?

You're in JHB but I only know of City Guns in CPT that might be able to help.
    I'm sure theres a shop in JHB that will sort you out. All the best.

Banned

Default Re: Any dealers out there that still take interest free "lay-byes" for FA?

Save the money of three installments in an envelope and then go ahead and pay cash.

User

Your competency is going to take some time before it gets approved. why not save up until its approved then buy your firearm .

User

Last firearm i bought came from Kalahari arms. 50% upfront 4 months to pay the rest. Got the forms to apply after the first 50 %. Obviously if your license is granted befpre 4 months you have to settle before you can take posession.

User

I know Savuti arms in Brakpan is very acomodating regarding payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Save the money of three installments in an envelope and then go ahead and pay cash.
    would like to submit my competency and license app together, so I unfortunately I need the FA details before I submit the apps

Thanks for the responses guys. Will get onto some of these leads shortly...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Clintoris View Post
    would like to submit my competency and license app together, so I unfortunately I need the FA details before I submit the apps
    This will not do anything special. They will not work on your license until your competency is approved, might even get lost like many others have experienced.

User

Try Kalahari Arms on Beyers Naude Drive in JHB. Falls Under Randpark Ridge or Honeydew areas.

I bought a 2nd hand FA there on a 50% deposit and balance within 3/4 months like Gertjie87 said. They were even nice enough to let me test fire a few before I decided which one I want. They were all obviously 2nd hand FA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast