Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Winchester Defender 1300

Hi Guys

Anyone add any mods to their Winchester Defenders, sights etc

Drop a pic and where you had it done/ got the parts etc

Looking to upgrade my 1300 a bit as it is stock standard at the moment

User

Default Re: Winchester Defender 1300

I have a 1300 and I bought and installed all the bells and whistles that it can possibly take. 3 years later and I ripped everything off and it is now stock standard. The reason?

I did not listen to guys like Big T when I asked the same question like you are asking now. Shoot it a lot before you decide on what you put on.

Some training and range time will cost less then the upgrades.

Although people on the forum recommend the Hogue stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post
    I have a 1300 and I bought and installed all the bells and whistles that it can possibly take. 3 years later and I ripped everything off and it is now stock standard. The reason? I did not listen to guys like Big T. Shoot it a lot before you decide on what you put on. Some training and range time will cost less then the upgrades.
    Very interesting, not even sights nothing ?

User

I use my 1300 for Ipsc SG matches. Had a Hogue stock on it for a while, did not like it and went back to the original wooden one. Installed a +2 mag extension (Tacstar) now it takes 9 + 1 and use a HiViz clamp on fiber sight. Glued the sight with very thin double sided tape to stop it from getting knocked off, the previous sight was epoxcied in place and I had to break it off to remove it. My only next mod will be to install a decent recoil pad, the old one is dry and slippery.

User

Stock standard and shoot IDPA with it. Old war horse working like a charm

User

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Stock standard and shoot IDPA with it. Old war horse working like a charm
    OK. Sorry. SADPA

User

I got some magnetic Hi-viz site on the front, works well. Put a velcro shell holder thingum on the side of the receiver (velcro thing) from TacQM. Also works great.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo16 View Post
    I got some magnetic Hi-viz site on the front, works well. Put a velcro shell holder thingum on the side of the receiver (velcro thing) from TacQM. Also works great.
    My first Hiviz was also a magnetic model but it used to fly off when shooting slugs or buckshot. That is when I glued it in place, permanently. Otherwise a cable tie works as a temporary on the range solution.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I use my 1300 for Ipsc SG matches. Had a Hogue stock on it for a while, did not like it and went back to the original wooden one. Installed a +2 mag extension (Tacstar) now it takes 9 + 1 and use a HiViz clamp on fiber sight. Glued the sight with very thin double sided tape to stop it from getting knocked off, the previous sight was epoxcied in place and I had to break it off to remove it. My only next mod will be to install a decent recoil pad, the old one is dry and slippery.
    I second this.

Interesting observation on this topic, which I still have to confirm for myself:

On T's shotgun course a few weeks ago, it happened from time to time (about 5% of my shots) with my 1300 that I could not succeed in getting enough leverage to squeeze the trigger to fire. My first thought was that I was short stroking, because this never happened before, but every time the shot fired as soon as I adjusted the position of my trigger finger.

In my non expert opinion, two possible causes:

1. Since I have been mostly a pistol shooter (Glock), perhaps I did not position my trigger finger correctly; or (and this is something I still have to verify myself)
    2. since I have installed an ATI pistol grip stock, the angle of my grip is now so much different in position from the original traditional design stock, that I do not get proper trigger finger position as intended by the designers, seeing as that the 1300's trigger is situated quite far back in the trigger guard. As soon as I find the original stock, I will verify.

Apart from something like a Benelli M4 for instance, which I am sure would have been designed to take a pistol grip stock into account, it seems to me one should be careful to just throw on a pistol grip stock on any shotgun and change the grip angle.
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast