Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle alarms

User

Default Vehicle alarms

Hey. Just relevant spot I could ree for this.

Wife's car got broken into last night. Het central locking does not lock her front passenger and this was left unlocked. Alarm was set but it did not go off. It went off when I closed the door which was left open.

Tested it today and I could not open the door without the alarm going off.

How the heck did this BG get it right?

Hit 4 cats in the estate and tried a window on another property before he got spookec and ran off.

Default Re: Vehicle alarms

I am not stereotyping.

Problem is. The guys that install them and know how they work. Are usually wage workers at these installer shops.
    And most of them live in lower income areas. Where the friends and or neighbors are into taking your stuff.
    So the info on how to bypass is freely available to the BG's.
    If not also on youtube and internet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I am not stereotyping.

Problem is. The guys that install them and know how they work. Are usually wage workers at these installer shops.
    And most of them live in lower income areas. Where the friends and or neighbors are into taking your stuff.
    So the info on how to bypass is freely available to the BG's.
    If not also on youtube and internet.
    +1 the info flow at the shebeens! Same with house alalrms!

User

Still want to know how it was done so I can resolve or try prevent it happening again....

User

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    Still want to know how it was done so I can resolve or try prevent it happening again....
    '

What vehicle was it?
    Factory or after market alarm?

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    '

What vehicle was it?
    Factory or after market alarm?
    Toyota Yaris. I think after market. Just off because the alarm was set but the door lock not latched. I tried it and could not open it without the alarm activating.

I know it was set on the night as when I closed the door the alarm went off.

Banned

You do not mention if anything was stolen! The car was obviously not stolen! Stupid question? How do you know the alarm did not go off and the bg ran away?

Ive heard. That the BG's you usually will target car break inns at around 02h00 or 03h00. When people are in deep sleep. So even if alarm goes off. It might not wake you.

Not sure about this.

Also ive heard some will intentionally let alrm go off. And wait for you to put it off. Doing this couple of times so you get so fed up you dont activate it.

Ive also think they showed on Carte Blanche. If they take another remote. And press and hold button in. While you press your alarm button to activate. The alarm will not activate as the signal they are sending is interfering with your remote signal.

Also not sure if all of these are urban myths.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

Ive also think they showed on Carte Blanche. If they take another remote. And press and hold button in. While you press your alarm button to activate. The alarm will not activate as the signal they are sending is interfering with your remote signal.

Also not sure if all of these are urban myths.
    Remote jamming, very real thing. Happens to my Gf's vehicle all the time.
    You look around and see some usually shady looking guy hanging around staring at you, waiting to see what you do.

When my gf is alone, she drives away.

When im there, i usually give a stare down. this works 90% of the time as suddenly the car locks.
    If this doesnt work, i start shouting, pointing , saying things like 'Some idiot here is trying to break in my car, watch out, there is a criminal here'. Make sure to stare the dodgy okes in their eyes.
    This works for the other 10%

User

As for the Yaris, if the guys are in the know, so either security installers or car 'enthusiasts' , they might know where the door switch is, and pry something thin enough and small enough between the door and the body and keep this switch pressed down while opening the door?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast