Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Natshoot: 'SAPS REFUSAL TO TAKE IN FIREARMS OF WHICH WHITE LICENCES HAD LAPSED'

NHSA on the ball, as usual....

Received the following mail from NHSA:

Dear member,
    If you have a firearm of which the white licence had lapsed, and you did not apply for renewal thereof in time, you MUST please read our Newsletter Vol.14(16) [https://natshoot.co.za/nhsa-info/nhs...2018/vol-14-16] on the Newsletters web page of the Natshoot website (if you have not yet done so).

Members who are sent away from police stations when they want to hand in firearms of which the white licences have lapsed, must please immediately do the following:

Go to main desk in your police station.

Complete a sworn statement in your home language in, which you make the following sworn statement:

I (Name and Surname) (ID number) was at the (name of police station) on this (day, date and time) to hand in a firearm for destruction of which the white licence has expired.

I was, however informed that SAPS could not take the firearm (give the reason your DFO gave for not wanting to take the firearm here)

Sworn under oath on this day …. At ….. time…... – sign the statement

State nothing further !

Let the policeman at the desk counter sign the sworn statement and stamp it.

Then you take that document home with you and protect it with your life.

Keep the firearm in your safe with the lapsed licence and the sworn statement to protect yourself in the event that SAPS might come to get the firearm from you – do not touch that firearm.

We shall inform all members of procedures SAPS announce on this issue as soon as we know.

Very Important:
    Please also send a scanned copy of your sworn statement to the Natshoot office at webinfo@natshoot.co.za so that we are able to use same if we need to act against SAPS on your behalf.

Kind regards
    Natshoot Office

User

Default Re: Natshoot: 'SAPS REFUSAL TO TAKE IN FIREARMS OF WHICH WHITE LICENCES HAD LAPSED'

Thanks. This is one nasty shitstorm. Let's all fight back - it's NOT over!

Default Re: Natshoot: 'SAPS REFUSAL TO TAKE IN FIREARMS OF WHICH WHITE LICENCES HAD LAPSED'

Also. Check your licenses, make sure not to miss 90 day deadlines. Make list inside safe door.
    My 1 rifle is up in December for renewal but went and did it Begin May.
    Took about 3 to 3.5 weeks for approval or renewal.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Also. Check your licenses, make sure not to miss 90 day deadlines. Make list inside safe door.
    great idea on the safe door

i agree rather go well early and be safe

User

You're lucky the DFO allowed you... Mine said you have to hand in 90 days before expiry - no sooner, and no less

Still waiting for card though. But have renewal invoice and sms of approval. But then again got plenty time till its due.

User

Quote Originally Posted by marshy View Post
    You're lucky the DFO allowed you... Mine said you have to hand in 90 days before expiry - no sooner, and no less
    Will he give it to you in writing?

User

Quote Originally Posted by marshy View Post
    Ask your DFO if he is going to work on the Sunday that my rifle's license expires....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Will he give it to you in writing?
    hahahaha no chance in hell!

I went a month too early, and he turned around and said you can come see me on x-date, and not before

User

Sadly some (many?) DFO's refuse to accept the renewal application if it is done "too long in advance". What this means is that the renewal can slip somebody's mind...

The "early" renewal also means that we are not really getting a full 10 year (or 5 year term), especially since the CFR provide the issue date for the licence and then takes anywhere up to 2-3 months to return the licence card to the DFO for collection by the FA owner. It's a conspiracy, I tell you...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast