Thread: .22 Pistol

User

Default .22 Pistol

I hope you guys can help me.

I'm in the market for a .22 pistol. I focusing my attentions on the Browning Buck-Mark and the Ruger range of pistols but I'm not limiting myself to those. I'm looking for it for use at steel challenge, general plinking and training.

I've been sending a few emails trying to source it but I've been coming up blank so far. Any suggestions of who I might be able to try ? I live in the Pretoria area.

User

Default Re: .22 Pistol

Only a few shops are good with emails.
    Best is to either phone or visit the shops.

User

Try John Klemp Angling and Hunting in Kimberley, they have a few nice .22 targets in all makes and models.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FenrirZa View Post

I'm in the market for a .22 pistol. I focusing my attentions on the Browning Buck-Mark and the Ruger range of pistols but I'm not limiting myself to those. I'm looking for it for use at steel challenge, general plinking and training.

I've been sending a few emails trying to source it but I've been coming up blank so far. Any suggestions of who I might be able to try ? I live in the Pretoria area.
    If I'm not mistaken, Guns and Bows import Ruger. They reaponded quickly when I sent them a Facebook message.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Have you had a browse through the current Classic Arms 58th Auction catalogue? There are quite a few .22 pistols listed for tomorrow's auction. The auction starts tomorrow at 13:00, a bit late for postal bids, so you'd have to bid in person at the Joburg War Museum if you wanted to consider one of those. If I was in the market for one, I'd definitely consider some of the ones listed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FenrirZa View Post

Both are excellent. Personally, I prefer the Ruger as parts (mags primarily) are more readily available.
    They go for decent prices on the used market. New ones are a tad expensive. Still a good investment though.

Hi, I have a Browning Medallist with two mags. PM me if you're interested

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevorm View Post
    Hi, I have a Browning Medallist with two mags. PM me if you're interested
    Thank for the off Trevorm but I'll give a it a pass, I'm looking for something a little more modern.

User

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I appreciate the input.

Check out Tactical 22 in Woodmead Jhb.