Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Glock Gen 3 v 4 v 5

The gen 4 onwards has a smaller grip given the interchangeable rear grip. The gen 3 is less prone to damage on the front of the slide where the recoil spring rides.
    Gen5 fixed that. Some prefer the no finger grooves of the 5 , some dont. They all go bang at the end of the day.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    What is the delay? =)
    Considering it

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    The gen 4 onwards has a smaller grip given the interchangeable rear grip. The gen 3 is less prone to damage on the front of the slide where the recoil spring rides.
    Gen5 fixed that. Some prefer the no finger grooves of the 5 , some dont. They all go bang at the end of the day.
    Gen3 is less prone than which one?

Not Gen4 and definitely not Gen5.

That damage cannot happen to an assembled gun anyway. Only through abuse of a dissembled slide. But the Gen5 is tougher in that area

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Gen3 is less prone than which one?

Not Gen4 and definitely not Gen5.

That damage cannot happen to an assembled gun anyway. Only through abuse of a dissembled slide. But the Gen5 is tougher in that area
    As I mentioned gen 5 fixed that. However the recoil spring guide part of the slide is not the meatiest on the gen 4. There are a number of pics on the web showing gen 4's with breakages in this area. The pics I have seen do not suggest that these occurred as a result of any abuse. Whatever the cause the fact remains that Glock saw fit to reinforce this area with the gen 5.

Quote Originally Posted by GarethBrowne View Post
    I recently bought a Gen 5.
    But im sure the Gen 3 price at S&O at the moment is quite tempting @R6900

https://www.safarioutdoor.co.za/coll...ct-pistol-6605
    Yip, I saw this hence the posting....

Recently I shot all my 17s and the gen5 is the way to go.
    Thanks, coming from T and yourself it pretty much settles it in my mind.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

BTW my gen4 is a novelty item and just for show but my gen5 is just wow!
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

I've tried my best to like the gen 5 but no matter what I did the grip just didn’t feel right in my hand. The finger grooves of the gen 4 just fits my hand better and feels more secure. I had the opportunity to shoot both and I shoot the gen 4 better - it shoots just as great at 15m as my G17 did.

I managed to get the last G19 FS version at a local gunshop and what a great shooting firearm. A bonus was getting the license in under a month.

All I did was upgrade the sights to RHTs - they work great.

I think you cannot go wrong with any Glock and yes there will always be improvements in later versions - that's what we expect from Glock.

Although the 19 is a great carry gun, which is why I got it over the 17, I also needed something even more concealable and easy to carry when participating in outdoor activities. That's why I also got the 43 for those times I need the most concealable option.

One thing I have realized is that you need to be really comfortable (training training training) and honest with yourself with what you carry - this is likely to challenge some pre-conceived ideas, as carry is for real not for show.

User

BTW my gen4 is a novelty item and just for show but my gen5 is just wow!
    I need some advice as I have the opposite experience as you with my Gen 5 17..
    I have gen 4 19, was shooting quite well with it and comfortably classifying as SS in Sadpa ( circa 6000 rounds with it to date ) with it.
    I now have a gen 5 17 and I cant barely make novice times/classification with it..was expecting to find it easier , not harder to shoot ( circa 2000 rounds ).
    In fact so poorly have I performed with it I have left the last 2 Sadpa matches half way through i ahve shot so badly.
    I realize it not the gun per se, and it something I am doing wrong now I wasnt on my Gen 4 19.
    Has anybody else experienced difficulty coming from compact to full size handgun ?
    Anybody got obvious insights as to what I might be doing wrong ?

Any mods to your trigger in the 19? Standard, their triggers differ quite a bit.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast