Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Quantum Carry kydex holsters

I love my Carter...
    I have broken two of the kydex claws in about a year so now use without.
    The eidelon is twice the price of anything locally made,
    My next will either be a chameleon as I can transfer the claw to my Carter should I not like it or the eidelon. Good luck.
    I have also come to learn that comfort on in a holster is like your pain index...
    Some people really dont notice a little discomfort and other people are a discomfort.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MRJT View Post
    I tried the Daniels, and it fit my 26 so well, and was very well made, but i could not conceal it at all! My Remora disappears, the Daniels did not - i have heard from many folks that I am in the minority though, apparently works well for a lot of peeps. There is an option to add the RCS claw, but you have to order separately.
    You need to first try figure this out.
    If the Daniels AIWB did not work for you, the QC Chameleon might not either.
    Seems you did not try it with the claw, that makes a big difference.

I use a QC Chameleon (with the claw) and am very happy with it.
    Comfortable to the point where I "do not notice it is there" - no.
    Comfortable and works well with a proper belt - yes.

I use mine with a G23 and G19.

Banned

Has anyone tried the Quantam Carry chameleon? I know earlier in the thread there is talk of a new cnc cut model, but the guy is sworn to secrecy so cant divulge details, etc.
    There doesn't seem to be any feedback on this model in the thread or elsewhere.
    I'm specifically looking at the AIWB version with the RCS claw - does anyone have one and use it?
    My other options are CKCS AIWB, where Geoff makes the claw himself (Not rcs) of kydex, looks good too, with some reverse cant adjustability.
    I tried the Daniels, and it fit my 26 so well, and was very well made, but i could not conceal it at all! My Remora disappears, the Daniels did not - i have heard from many folks that I am in the minority though, apparently works well for a lot of peeps. There is an option to add the RCS claw, but you have to order separetly.
    I'm finding the biggest issue is that i cant try any of these holsters, as A, i am in DBN and no one keeps much of anything, and B, most of these suppliers make to order, so there are no demo models.
    An Eidelon is likely in my future, but it will have to wait until i can justify the cost - if i could try one and it worked, i would order right now, but a R2k gamble is not an option at the moment unfortuntely.
    I'm wearing one for the shield.
    The claw makes a huge difference with regards to conceal ability.
    I'm very happy with mine.
    Only maak n plan thing that I need to do is stick on a thick piece of EVA foam onto the bottom part of the holster where it presses into my bladder. It chafes a bit because I wear it fairly low because of my boep

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    If you can afford the Eidelon, just get it. Everything else is a copy.
    This! Im finding it an amazing piece of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    I'm wearing one for the shield.
    The claw makes a huge difference with regards to conceal ability.
    I'm very happy with mine.
    Only maak n plan thing that I need to do is stick on a thick piece of EVA foam onto the bottom part of the holster where it presses into my bladder. It chafes a bit because I wear it fairly low because of my boep
    How do you wear it lower? Did you modify the clip? I also have a boep with the same holster, still waiting for my licence to be printed so I have not been able to play around with the holster much.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Banned

Let your pants sit lower than how you would usually wear it and your boep effectively sticks out more than the FA, this in turn creates a "shelf" for want of a better word, above the FA. Your t shirt then hangs over the "shelf"

Banned

And I changed the plastic j clip to a slim "old style" metal clip.
    This keeps the holster tight on my belt, with the J clip there was too much of sideways movement

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Let your pants sit lower than how you would usually wear it and your boep effectively sticks out more than the FA, this in turn creates a "shelf" for want of a better word, above the FA. Your t shirt then hangs over the "shelf"
    Makes sense, thanks man.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Nice one guys! I appreciate the feedback! Great description BBT, looks like the beer guys can AIWB after all!

Banned

Nice one guys! I appreciate the feedback! Great description BBT, looks like the beer guys can AIWB after all!
    Yup, and I thought that I'd have to carry on carrying at the 3 o clock position for life!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast