Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Armi Renato Gamba 38. Special Revolver.

I have this revolver on my Section 13. I got it back in 2005 from my grandad whom has since passed away in 2009.
    A few years ago it malfunctioned causing the gun not being able to fire. The cylinder holding pin that locks each chamber in-line with the barrel did not want to release and manual intervention was required if you want to fire by opening the roll, pushing it down, and then closing it to be able to pull the hammer back to fire a shot. Rinse and repeat.
    I had it at a Gunsmith whom fixed it for me within six months. (long story, not going into it)
    Anyway, it was not properly fixed, because every time you close the roll, it will freely rotate until you pull back the hammer and only then the locking pin will engage the roll.
    It worked OK like that until today when it started doing the same.
    Because I was thinking of replacing it with a 9mm pistol on my Section 13, I decided to give it in at the SAPS.

The before mentioned gunsmith, told me that he have never seen such a model in his life and he worked on quite a few firearms.
    Google does not turn up much other than what is printed on the barrel where it was manufactured.
    What also is unique about this revolver, is that it has a manual safety that you can engage if you don't want the gun to fire.

Now, the whole reason about this post, does anyone know these models of Revolvers? What kind of quality is it?
    Revolwer.jpgArmi renato Gamba.jpgtrident 38. sp.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Default Re: Armi Renato Gamba 38. Special Revolver.

Google the name. It seems that there are a few places that might provide useful info.

User

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Google the name. It seems that there are a few places that might provide useful info.
    As I said in my Original post, Google does not turn up much apart from online stores in Italy that sells the brand. Renato Gamba seems to be more known for their shotguns.

See if you can get hold of Corrie de Wilde (http://www.dewildefirearms.co.za/), if anyone would have a lead on your gun, it would be him.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

The Gamba family were well known firearm manufacturers in Italy. There were two brothers that I knew of, Renato and G. Gamba (think it was Guiseppe). I have an over and under by G. Gamba, unfortunately the lesser known of the two.

Renato Gambo Shotguns were highly regarded in the shotgun fraternity at some point.

"Armi" is the Italian for arms / weaponry. So what you have there is a Renato Gamba pistol, it is probably hand made and fitted for the most part.

https://www.buellistore.com/renato-g...ent-ct-59.html

According to the above site they sell second hand for R 3.5k.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    See if you can get hold of Corrie de Wilde (http://www.dewildefirearms.co.za/), if anyone would have a lead on your gun, it would be him.
    Excellent advice. To the OP, if you're going to give it away, rather give it to Corrie than to the SAPS!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Excellent advice. To the OP, if you're going to give it away, rather give it to Corrie than to the SAPS!
    Yes, thank you! The main reason I made this thread was to find out if it may have any collector's value. If it does, and a collector wants it, I will give it to the collector. I really, REALLY, don't want to hand it in at SAPS, but I will if I cannot get any takers. It's monetary should anyway be low, as the gun is not in working order.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    The Gamba family were well known firearm manufacturers in Italy. There were two brothers that I knew of, Renato and G. Gamba (think it was Guiseppe). I have an over and under by G. Gamba, unfortunately the lesser known of the two.

Renato Gambo Shotguns were highly regarded in the shotgun fraternity at some point.

"Armi" is the Italian for arms / weaponry. So what you have there is a Renato Gamba pistol, it is probably hand made and fitted for the most part.

https://www.buellistore.com/renato-g...ent-ct-59.html

According to the above site they sell second hand for R 3.5k.
    Very informative and the kind of info I was looking for, Thank You.

User

I just thought I post an update on this. I started corresponding with Corrie, and he offered to take it off my hands. His collection seems to focus more towards "rare" firearms. Also, if you see his impressive Alfa Romeo models and the older Ducati motorcycles he owns, he is obliviously a huge Italian fan.
    Any way, he already got it licenced and the card in his hands by March this year before lockdown. He drove all the way from Pretoria and collected it from me on 6 August.
    It is already listed on his website among his collection. http://dewildefirearms.co.za/Home.as...ItalianWeapons

Thank you for the link it was very informative

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast