Thread: .357Sig JHP's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: .357Sig JHP's

Noob here... Is 357sig the same as 357 magnum?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by PakkaZA View Post
    Noob here... Is 357sig the same as 357 magnum?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Not at all. Its a 9mm bullet in a necked down .40S&W case. So bottleneck cartridge in handgun.

The Plus is that it gets higher velocities than the 9mm. The Neg is that it isnt mainstream in SA, so SD ammo can be difficult to come by. If you reload, it uses all the 9mm components, with the exception of the brass.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Spez247 View Post
    Not at all. Its a 9mm bullet in a necked down .40S&W case. So bottleneck cartridge in handgun.

The Plus is that it gets higher velocities than the 9mm. The Neg is that it isnt mainstream in SA, so SD ammo can be difficult to come by
    It is loud and blasty.
    It recoils (unpleasantly so).
    It is hard on guns
    It makes a 9mm hole in targets at a statistical increase in velocity that doesn't really give any practical advantage over a 9x19.
    It is expensive.

If you reload, it uses all the 9mm components, with the exception of the brass.
    FIFY

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    FIFY
    Recoils unpleasantly so? Not so much in a Glock 32. I was very impressed to say the least. It was no worse than a full power 165gr .40.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Recoils unpleasantly so? Not so much in a Glock 32. I was very impressed to say the least. It was no worse than a full power 165gr .40.

So compared to the worst recoiling ammo in a calibre famous for being snappy :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    I have shot factory ammo from a G31 and a SIG P228. I found it no worse than shooting +P 125 gr .38's from a lightweight snubby, and definitely more pleasant than washing my face with a cheese grater or sticking a toothpick under my eyelid.

Go shoot an IDPA or IPSC match with your EDC gun and ammo against someone with a G19 with their EDC ammo (And yes, I have shot whole competitions with my EDC ammo), then come back and tell us how impressed you were and show us your scores and times.

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    I have shot factory ammo from a G31 and a SIG P228. I found it no worse than shooting +P 125 gr .38's from a lightweight snubby, and definitely more pleasant than washing my face with a cheese grater or sticking a toothpick under my eyelid.

Go shoot an IDPA or IPSC match with your EDC gun and ammo against someone with a G19 with their EDC ammo (And yes, I have shot whole competitions with my EDC ammo), then come back and tell us how impressed you were and show us your scores and times.
    Only issue i have is that everyone HATES you as there ears, and yours, are sore!

My G32 (SAPS permitting) will be for the range only. Got my G26 9mm and G22 .40 for the serious duty. Nice to find some 357 SIG hollow points though.