Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default Sierra Pro-Hunter #2150 Discontinued

From the Sierra office:

"Unfortunately, #2150 180 SPT has been discontinued. No problem with the bullet. This is simply due to lack of sales. Thanks"

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    From the Sierra office:

"Unfortunately, #2150 180 SPT has been discontinued. No problem with the bullet. This is simply due to lack of sales. Thanks"

Probably because flat-base low-BC bullets have become incapable of killing anything, and have such a rainbow trajectory that it will fall to the ground within 100 yards.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Probably because flat-base low-BC bullets have become incapable of killing anything, and have such a rainbow trajectory that it will fall to the ground within 100 yards.
    #sacasm off:) Funny I prefer them for my hunting needs (Hornady bias). I find the flat base hold together better than BT bullets. In cup and core standard bullet configuration of course.

Banned

Default Re: Sierra Pro-Hunter #2150 Discontinued

They did everything I could expect and now they're gone. Our LGS has a few boxes left. I will have to stockpile.

User

Very very accurate, and work very well at 2450fps out of my 308. Even used it successfully on the plains this year. Oh well, will have to look at other options. Perhaps its time to give Monos a go...

User

Pro-"Hunter", that be the problem.

Just like all other facets of modern life, where everybody is confused about identities, and with whom and what you are allowed to associate with, so the modern hunters are confused. Somehow people have gone from harvesting animals successfully for generations, to now believing that very same equipment is unusable.

Sierra sits with a real problem, they always maintained their bullets are premium, despite not having bonded's or mono's, but modern sales talk from gunshops to each and every customer directly, coupled with wonderful adds on the newfangled online technology, is directly contradicting that. Sierra had such a good reputation, that if someone had problems with their rifle not grouping, then more often than not just changing to Sierra fixed it. But video is going to kill the radio star here, the new generation is brainwashed to only accept modern sales pitch, the first and foremost attribute people use to compare bullets these days is BC, NOT on game performance in real life.

So they also had to invest in that line, their target bullets are tipped(tipped matchking), and their new hunting line(gamechangers) boasts the same. If the loons gets their way and lead bullets are banned in all states, Sierra goes under. Right now they must follow the market trend, people are only interested in hunting rifle combos when they are NOT hunting combo's, if it's a range rifle with whom the user can snipe animals then it's a perfect hunting rifle.

The prohunter series from Sierra, the interlocks from Hornady, the hot-cors from Speer, all those will start suffering from a lack of sales very soon, or already, as proven here. Take our history, in modern history PMP bullets took more animals in SA than all the others combined, all flatbase bullets, yet how many reloaders here use them now?

Just three weeks ago I bought some 200gr Speer bullets for my 338 at one of our gunshops, flat base but well made, bullets not even looked at by other people, want to guess how much I paid for 50?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Take our history, in modern history PMP bullets took more animals in SA than all the others combined, all flatbase bullets, yet how many reloaders here use them now?

Just three weeks ago I bought some 200gr Speer bullets for my 338 at one of our gunshops, flat base but well made, bullets not even looked at by other people, want to guess how much I paid for 50?
    Messor,

Is there a GOOD reason not to try out PMP ProAmm bullets as a replacement for the Sierras?

Should I rather look at Hornady Interlock or something else?

I did find a box of #2150 at our LGS - it should last me some time.

User

I think these are the bullets I once bought from a friend who claimed it did not work in his 300 Win Mag Remington. And I paid R200 for 195 bullets, he actually wanted R1 per bullet but I told him he can keep the R5 change he owed me.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Messor,

Is there a GOOD reason not to try out PMP ProAmm bullets as a replacement for the Sierras?

Should I rather look at Hornady Interlock or something else?

I did find a box of #2150 at our LGS - it should last me some time.
    Right now, between the interlock and the pro-amm, I'd buy the cheapest one, since performance is near identical.

Banned

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast