Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Warning to All Sig 320 users - failed drop test by Omaha Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    Boeing sent a team with their own people and equipment to carry out the work: it cost $23-odd million, and took four weeks.
    Did they stay at Saxon world? A whole new GE engine for a 777 costs that much

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/amp.b...ng-777-2011-12

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    So they spend years developing the P320 and tested the shit out of it and did not find anything wrong. They sell 500000 units and now a fault is found and they develop a fix in weeks... Am I the only one that is wondering if this "fix" has been thoroughly tested that it does not bring a whole host of new problems to the already battle worn P320?

Quick fixes are usually not a good long term solution...
    So by that argument, when Microsoft, Google Apple, Mcafe etc release security updates I assume you don't take them. Because the time spent on that security upgrade vs the entire product......

They update parts in cars all the time, even safety features like brakes and the like. Often these are not even done because it is safer but because it is cheaper to manufacturer and you accept this blindly (probably because you are not aware of it).

User

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    So by that argument, when Microsoft, Google Apple, Mcafe etc release security updates I assume you don't take them. Because the time spent on that security upgrade vs the entire product......

They update parts in cars all the time, even safety features like brakes and the like. Often these are not even done because it is safer but because it is cheaper to manufacturer and you accept this blindly (probably because you are not aware of it).
    Software ain't hardware.

They develop updates to fix bugs every single day in software, they VERY often get things wrong and correct it with the next update.
    More often the users are not aware of any of this.
    That is why in a boeing the automatic updates are switched off.

But this is hardware, as soon as something is in the open the fix becomes that much harder, because now you are in the spotlight.
    The topic at hand is neither, the topic is whether they knew of the bug but hoped the users would not find out.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Are you suggesting that this is a safety upgrade ?
    It is a design flaw and contradicts the claim the manufacturer has made.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Did they stay at Saxon world? A whole new GE engine for a 777 costs that much

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/amp.b...ng-777-2011-12

My mistake: R23 million, not USD.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    De udder CPA mos! :P
    It doesn't say what you may think it says...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

I shot a SIG P320 this weekend!

One of the guys in our detail had one and let me shoot two mags from his gun. The trigger feel is really nice, the accuracy is really nice and it is very soft recoiling. Aside from the "nice" trigger, low felt recoil and being easy to shoot accurately, I can do exactly the same thing with my old CZ 75B or my single pin Gen 3 Glock...without any factory upgrades. (And the CZ and Glock slide release doesn't force me to use a crappy grip to allow the slide hold open to do its work - I think they call it "good ergonomics" or something)

The owner obviously enjoys his gun, he owns three of them in different sizes. But I cannot help but think that if I were a SIG owner; I would rather have a drop in trigger replacement with a sub trigger like Glock or the HS 2000 to fix the drop issue; than having my slide milled and strong durable parts replaced with lightweight / less over engineered / weaker parts.

User

Being a member of a few Sig owners groups and forums, the general feeling is that the people with the biggest problem with this issue is people that don't even own a Sig P320. There was a post on FB asking the owners who will be sending their pistols in for the upgrade and it was surprising how many aren't interested in sending their pistols in for the upgrade.

This is just for interest as it doesn't mean much: I shot an IDPA club shoot this weekend with my CZ Shadow, and after the match I re-shot a stage with my P320 compact (a friend used it for the day as he is a new member and also bought one) and I shot the same stage 4 seconds quicker (2 seconds quicker than the fastest time on that stage for the day)with my sig than with my Shadow. Yes I know it's easier the second time around, but what I did notice was that I was noticeably quicker on target so I picked up my sights much faster than with my shadow. And taking that this was the first ever stage I shot with this pistol as the round count is now at about 120 rounds total.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Be that as it may, the issue is a reality and the 320 is not worthy for use other than recreation ( maybe) or collector piece.
    I own a few SIG handguns and I am shocked at how this slipped through. I too most likely will not be sending my 320 in but the issue is still present.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bronxlive View Post
    Being a member of a few Sig owners groups and forums, the general feeling is that the people with the biggest problem with this issue is people that don't even own a Sig P320. There was a post on FB asking the owners who will be sending their pistols in for the upgrade and it was surprising how many aren't interested in sending their pistols in for the upgrade.

This is just for interest as it doesn't mean much: I shot an IDPA club shoot this weekend with my CZ Shadow, and after the match I re-shot a stage with my P320 compact (a friend used it for the day as he is a new member and also bought one) and I shot the same stage 4 seconds quicker (2 seconds quicker than the fastest time on that stage for the day)with my sig than with my Shadow. Yes I know it's easier the second time around, but what I did notice was that I was noticeably quicker on target so I picked up my sights much faster than with my shadow. And taking that this was the first ever stage I shot with this pistol as the round count is now at about 120 rounds total.
    People being too stupid to understand why they should send the gun back for the work is not a great point in support of anything really. Some fanboys would rather get aids than admit their favorite shit isn't perfect.

Shoot your next major match with it and see how it goes. One stage is no comparison.

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast