Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Default Re: Let teachers bring guns to school - Union

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    See those student averages go up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by wynand.dewinnaar View Post
    I was thinking more in line with tactical training. I understand your point though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, I don’t think that’s the discussion though
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    It’s an emotional topic this one, nothing is more important to people than their children, if you don’t have any don’t try and think yourself into their shoes.

Firstly, I work many places where I won’t take my children , why, because you will avoid putting your child in any danger as far as possible. I won’t stop where I normally stop, won’t go into shop where I normally would, won’t do a hell of a lot of things when it comes to my children. They are not allowed anywhere alone, they have zero freedom at all, they basically do exactly what we allow them, which is pretty much very little.

We have criminals in this country walking up to armed security guards and shooting them in cold blood purely for their weapons, no fear at all. When you read about armed attacks at homes or farms, what items are normally reported missing? So if you tell me that firearms do not attract criminals then you are wrong.

Ok, that said, for those that say nay to the topic please for one second remember why people don’t just walk up to you in the street and attack you. It’s because nobody knows you are armed, your firearm is hidden and you don’t carry a sign saying you have a firearm. This will not be any different to teachers, so they will not magically become targets. I bet some of them carry anyways, they just don’t mention it because rules. The security guards at most schools are worth bulltwang, so if some crazy person decides on a school shooting that day, who is to stop him?

Just keep the emotion emanating from 24.5 hour parenthood at bay for a sec and think of the logical implications.
    If you are not at your child's side, then you allocated someone else to protect them, who is that and what are their capabilities?
    Interesting comment Messor. My first reaction was there is no way I am happy with this. We are inclined to protect our children to an extent which may even become irrational. But it is what we do as parents in this country. As a result I feel uncomfortable knowing that they are in a classroom with an armed adult I do not know.

On second thought, the question is whether the teacher is entitled to carry in order to primarily protect him or herself. As a an added advantage, said teacher may be able to stop an attack which endangers the children. As we all believe that we should be able to edc wherever, why is the teacher different? Is there a higher threshold for the teacher? If so, why?

I for one carry my firearm to protect myself and my family. If I can safely stop a wider indirect threat, without endangering others, I hope I am brave enough to do so. The teacher would have passed the same competency we all do and would do the same?

I am now leaning towards thinking that we should not be restricting any legal gun owner from carrying or advocating for that. In a time when it seems clear that there are steps to disarm the public, should we not support the union’s view?

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Yes we should support the Unions views.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MoS View Post
    I am now leaning towards thinking that we should not be restricting any legal gun owner from carrying or advocating for that. In a time when it seems clear that there are steps to disarm the public, should we not support the union’s view?
    We should support their views, but not just because of the disarmament agenda of the current regime.
    We need to support it because why should a law abiding member of society be forced to leave their most effective self defense tool at home, while their colleges are being robbed, beaten and murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    We should support their views, but not just because of the disarmament agenda of the current regime.
    We need to support it because why should a law abiding member of society be forced to leave their most effective self defense tool at home, while their colleges are being robbed, beaten and murdered.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Very good point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by MoS View Post
    Interesting comment Messor. My first reaction was there is no way I am happy with this. We are inclined to protect our children to an extent which may even become irrational. But it is what we do as parents in this country. As a result I feel uncomfortable knowing that they are in a classroom with an armed adult I do not know.

On second thought, the question is whether the teacher is entitled to carry in order to primarily protect him or herself. As a an added advantage, said teacher may be able to stop an attack which endangers the children. As we all believe that we should be able to edc wherever, why is the teacher different? Is there a higher threshold for the teacher? If so, why?

I for one carry my firearm to protect myself and my family. If I can safely stop a wider indirect threat, without endangering others, I hope I am brave enough to do so. The teacher would have passed the same competency we all do and would do the same?

This was my only intention MoS

For people to think about the subject without jumping on the bandwagon from either side.

Keep 20 year old idiots in grade 8 out of the schools.

If by 18 one has not got grade 12 throw the little useless out.

Beat there asses properly when miss behaving.

If they fail 2 years in a row throw them out. They are going nowhere in life anyway.

Look neat and properly dressed at all times.

Discipline.

Once these rules are followed no teacher will have to EDC.

All the above rules should be passed down from the parents.

Most parents need their asses whipped for churning out useless kids.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ωhm View Post
    The process is a bad joke, you won't hear me singing it's (supposed) virtues. In all fairness, it isn't an apples to apples comparison.
    So what about drivers licenses, supposedly weeding out the bad apples from our road.
    So what about the police who carry, and the processes to supposedly weed them out.

What about any process that supposedly weeds out the bad apples? I’m sure you will say none are a fair comparison.

Seems like we should all have equal rights, but yours are importanter...

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast