Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Barnard
    Guys, I have to pass on this rather serious message that was delivered to TTFF:

TELEGRAAFDIENST DER ZUID AFRIKAANSCHE REPUBLIEK:
    BERICHT UIT DE NOORDE; DISTRIK NIJLSTROOM

Het werd ons onder aandag gebrengen dat een joiner by name Johan Schoeman in de companie bekend als Bullers Barstids opgemerkd worden.Volgens berichten is hij onder de wapen en neem aan de kant der vijand aan gevechten deel.

Hiermee wenst de regering der ZAR te velde kennis te geven dat genoemde verrader voor de vuurpeloton gebrengt zullen worden, zijn rechtmatige straf te ontvangen.

Krijgsraad der ZAR
    If there is a reward for his capture we will get a GS posse saddled up and riding at first light ;-)

Default Re: Tamboti Toyota Firearms festival: 25 August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post
    If there is a reward for his capture we will get a GS posse saddled up and riding at first light ;-)
    You can always count on Rudes to be : "Polite, professional, and have a plan to kill everyone he meets."!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Barnard

You can always count on Rudes to be : "Polite, professional, and have a plan to kill everyone he meets."!
    There are many firearms and ammunition still to buy and the gun budget is on the low side. I am sure Johan will understand ;-)

User

Alst het vuurpeleton bestaand uit De Wet en syn Donders hebt heer Schoeman geen duit te vreesjen.

*duiken en hardlopen*
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Great job to all those pushing our sport and firearms interests.

Looks like a great time was once again had by all.

I'm just very sorry that I was once again unable to attend.

Well done to Willie and his team and to Craig and the Gunsite members who represented us.

Thanks Guys
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

We missed you Frank.
    Please try to attend next time.

We shall confirm, but it will probably be 31 August 2013.

Willie barnard

(continued)
    On the handgun range, Craig, Sean and Johan had everything ready.
    As I was discussing the score sheets with Craig, the first shots rang from the ProAmm range. The smell of burnt nitro-propellant was carried to us by the light North-easterly breeze. Bliss. Now I knew how a gundog feels when a shotgun is taken from a bag.

The sound system was playing boeremusiek, and every now and then an anouncement was made to get someone to the right place at the right time.
    The admin people were busy, but the system ran like a well oiled machine.

Shotgun range started a bit slow, but once they were up and running, they ran!
    They had a group of enthusiastic shotgunners, who every year spend almost all their time at this range. This year the range consisted of 5 clays from a trap machine from different positions, followed by a double from the skeet machine.
    Nobody could get a full score, but Wynand Botha got close with 6/7.

I was kept busy running small errands. A staple gun at the ProAmm; shotshells for the clay range; more score sheets for handgun; Oom Frikkie needs a decapper for his Martini Henry shells.

Reports came in that some saloon cars were getting stuck on the sand road. Chas Lotter (SAGA) got the oppurtunity to test his brand new winch on his Prado. I also sent my son Pietie to drag the set of tyres to level the road once more. Everywhere the spirit was just fantastic. Two participants arrived by helicopter, and the only sand they had to face was a short walk from the LZ to the shooting ranges.

On the demonstration range, Eugene Combrink (Magnum Arms) was showing his range of Krieghoff rifles. In the big tent there was a knife exhibition by Stephenson's knives. Paul, Rudes and Bushboy were representing Tac Shac and it proved a hit. Everybody wanted to try their SLR's.

The weather prediction of 32*C was a bit conservative. It felt more like 36*C.
    The big tent had a line of microsprayers to cool it down. This helped, especially with the breeze.

Casualties: One R/O at the ProAmm cut his finger on a staple when removing a target. He got a plaster.
    Marisia joined the half moon club, sustaining a deep cut on the forehead at the Big Bore range. She was attended to. After this she proved that she did not develop a flinch, by shooting a 18 mm group at ProAmm and winning the ladies division.
    One lady got a blackout, probably because of the heat. She also made a full recovery, and stayed till the end of the performance that night.
    (This list represents the largest number of casualties on a firearms festival - in 14 years.) Really nothing to complain about.

The kids were having a ball on the jumping castle.

By 15h00 big three legged pots made their appearance, and our butcher/cook started his magic on some open fires.

By 16h00 some of the ranges started to close. Our predictions were for the ProAmm to end at 16H30 to be followed by the grand finale of the Boer and Brit shoot. The three flags : ZAR vierkleur; Union Jack and OVS vierkleur were fluttering in the breeze - promising some action to come.

Eventually the ProAmm managed to take down the last targets at 17h15 - we were running a bit late.

to be continued..................

The sound system was playing boeremusiek,
    Next year....

Will slip in a Creedence Clearwater cd too

Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    Hey Salome!
    Glad you found your way to Gunsite.

Marcel if you are reading this: Dont for forget to Salome's 15/22 for Christmas!
    Cammo, i have been hearing of that 15/22 quite a bit from Salome, but i stand by may point made on the range :-)

mdV: Come to the dark side. We have cookies & .22lr

Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast