Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Renewing S13 license

Hey guys ,
    This is the first renewal of my s13 license I’m not sure the process yet , but I’m sure I’ll find it on here somewhere.

My issue is that I’m already 1 month into the 3 months and of the license renewal period what are the implications of starting the renewal process this late ? Also how long does this process take ?
    Lastly if my renewal application is submitted and the license expires , will I still be able to carry ?

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Renewing S13 license

Get to your DFO ASAP, there is section on the application that you indicate that you are within the 90 days period but not yet expired where you give the reason why you are late. So far I have heard nobody has had issues in this regard; IF you do have issue your second option BEFORE your license expires get a dealer that is willign to help book the firearm into dealer stock, "buy" it back and license it as if it is a new application (this route however you will be without your firearm until the card arrives).

If you do a renewal your old license stays valid until the renewal process is finished even after the expiry date; be sure to get your receipt as this is your on hand proof that you have renewed and it is in process.

Banned

Contact your DFO and get things moving. You might have to do competency as well. 4 ID photos, forms and R140. You can use Covid as excuse for being late.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ocali View Post
    Hey guys ,
    This is the first renewal of my s13 license I’m not sure the process yet , but I’m sure I’ll find it on here somewhere.

My issue is that I’m already 1 month into the 3 months and of the license renewal period what are the implications of starting the renewal process this late ? Also how long does this process take ?
    Lastly if my renewal application is submitted and the license expires , will I still be able to carry ?

Regards

Watch this!

User

Missing the 90 days thingy under the current situation shouldn't be a problem.

You were probably feeling a little feverish and decided to self isolate so as to not infect the rest of SA.

Good enough reason for being late if you ask me.

User

Thanks a lot for the responses gents ,

I went to my local police station today and apparently the DFO will only be in on Thursday , so Thursday it is .

Hopefully I can conclude this ASAP

User

Does anybody know where I can get articles or crime stats for the N2 between Cape Town and Strand/Somerset West to add to my S13 motivation.

Had my FA since 1991, and last time I typed up a small half page motivation for my renewal (2015/2016 period), and it was accepted. Just want to make sure.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkals View Post
    Does anybody know where I can get articles or crime stats for the N2 between Cape Town and Strand/Somerset West to add to my S13 motivation.

Had my FA since 1991, and last time I typed up a small half page motivation for my renewal (2015/2016 period), and it was accepted. Just want to make sure.
    Last time I used stats from Institute of Security Studies website. It gave me great joy to use a resource that's (afaik) Soros-funded for the purpose of motivating for a firearms license

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Last time I used stats from Institute of Security Studies website. It gave me great joy to use a resource that's (afaik) Soros-funded for the purpose of motivating for a firearms license
    Thanks boet. My hand in appointment is the 4 of Jan, so I have plenty of time to get everything together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast