Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Is it worth the effort?

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    So if you have two shotguns, one licenced 4 years after the first.
    You then sell the gun with the first licence, in the year it's licence expires.
    Four years before the second shotgun expires, you no longer have a competency?
    You seem to have completely misunderstood what I was saying Gleock. I was not refering to Shooty's shotguns. My contention is that the last licence issued under your competency, regardless of category, determines the expiry date of that comeptency.

Peter

User

Quote Originally Posted by njvdwesth View Post
    I'm not sure exactly how much they sell for but would guess in the region of about R2,500. Could probably recover something by selling the mags, holsters etc separately.

I actually haven't thought of licencing it under S16, I do have dedicated status so that could be an option.

If I go that route, when does the S13 slot become available again? Once I hand it in or only once it is licensed under the new section?
    If you decide to hand it in, please may I ask you to keep the recoil spring, and let me know how much you want for that, the magazines, holsters etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post
    You seem to have completely misunderstood what I was saying Gleock. I was not refering to Shooty's shotguns. My contention is that the last licence issued under your competency, regardless of category, determines the expiry date of that comeptency.

Peter
    So you saying my rifle licence, keeps my handgun competency valid?

I'm not sure exactly how much they sell for but would guess in the region of about R2,500. Could probably recover something by selling the mags, holsters etc separately.

I actually haven't thought of licencing it under S16, I do have dedicated status so that could be an option.

If I go that route, when does the S13 slot become available again? Once I hand it in or only once it is licensed under the new section?
    As I understand it, you can apply for the cz under section 16 and you can apply for new handgun under section 13 simunltaneously. I dont think you have to move the cz first to section 16 and then apply for section 13 after that has been finalised.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    So you saying my rifle licence, keeps my handgun competency valid?
    The way I understand it is as follows. I have a SINGLE competency certificate for Handgun, Rifle & Shotgun. It is issued in 2012 with no expiration date. I then apply and get my licence for a handgun in 2013 with an expiration date of 2018. If this is the only firearm I buy, yes then I agree that the licence and competency both expires in 2018.

But now I also buy a rifle in 2015 using the same competency certificate of which the licence will expire in 2025. Surely the competency as a WHOLE will only now expire in 2025, part of of can't expire in 2018 and the rest in 2025?

User

License (under amnesty) for your CZ under section 16 with NHSA, thats the fastest, cheapest and less effort route, renew your competency in any case, every DFO has their own weird rules but its no real effort, then get whatever you want under section 13, it might seem like a ton of effort, but the end of the day you get to keep your fathers CZ and it gets to stay off the streets...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    License (under amnesty) for your CZ under section 16 with NHSA, thats the fastest, cheapest and less effort route, renew your competency in any case, every DFO has their own weird rules but its no real effort, then get whatever you want under section 13, it might seem like a ton of effort, but the end of the day you get to keep your fathers CZ and it gets to stay off the streets...
    Great thanks, yes I have decided this is what I'm going to do.

Just need to do a bit of Googling to see exactly how I'm going to motivate the CZ. Will probably need to show them why I cannot use the P320 for the same purpose.

User

The way I understand it is as follows. I have a SINGLE competency certificate for Handgun, Rifle & Shotgun. It is issued in 2012 with no expiration date. I then apply and get my licence for a handgun in 2013 with an expiration date of 2018. If this is the only firearm I buy, yes then I agree that the licence and competency both expires in 2018.

But now I also buy a rifle in 2015 using the same competency certificate of which the licence will expire in 2025. Surely the competency as a WHOLE will only now expire in 2025, part of of can't expire in 2018 and the rest in 2025?
    There are individual categories of competency's, one cannot carry the other.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Great thanks, yes I have decided this is what I'm going to do.

Just need to do a bit of Googling to see exactly how I'm going to motivate the CZ. Will probably need to show them why I cannot use the P320 for the same purpose.
    Just as a follow up... so I did the amnesty application under Section 16 in September last year and I just received the sms that it was approved. I did my own motivation and it turned out not too bad. Also did not have to renew my competency. Great result all around.

Just as a follow up... so I did the amnesty application under Section 16 in September last year and I just received the sms that it was approved. I did my own motivation and it turned out not too bad. Also did not have to renew my competency. Great result all around.
    Nice one!

Now keep a reminder for the future!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2