Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Hunting Eastern Cape Prices - input please

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Remember this is a bring your mattress bring your water kinda sleep place - walls windows and tin roof shack is all that is there, nothing else.

Still good ?
    Well now I’m not so sure anymore. Are you telling me there aren’t any car guards?

Well ooooh kayyyy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

[QUOTE=Nashtims.;1380393]Well now I’m not so sure anymore. Are you telling me there aren’t any car guards?

Well ooooh kayyyy.
    Seems things are different down these parts.

Folk down here complain if they pay for warthog and I battle with hunters at R200 day fee.
    Paying towards vehicle in the velt is like asking for sex in a public place, met with shock and horror. (I must spend a good few thousand a year just on tires, tie rods, wheel alignment and such)

I have one or 2 real good mates that really try do their part, but on the whole I find the folk down here really do not want too or just can not pay their way even at reasonable rates.

Too date I have been charging R200 a Night/Day/Night and thats it, I have been paying cooler room and vehicle costs myself because I am to embarrassed to argue over a few rands.

Thanks for input on subject, I have a general feeling now.

I will contact some of the guys to set up a PE area based hunt.

User

Seems fair to me, but then people have different ideas of what is a fair price for anything.

User

I would love to join in on the hunt.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User

This year we hunted in Warmbad area: 500 pnight en suite accommodation with excellent dining room and cleaning service.
    Waterbuck cow (60kg skinned & on the hook) 3900. Volstruis female (40kg, skinned & on the hook) 1900. Bakkie dayfee 300 pd * 2 vehicles (shared by 7 hunters). Skinfee 160 per animal, + 10% tip to staff.
    An additional R30/kg to render wors, sosaties, mince, skilpadjies fomo + vacuumpacked + labeled in 600gram packets, 5kg vacuumpacked biltongcuts. All bones and bloedvleis in 13 bags: domestic cooked down and 15 people feasted.

The ostrich sosaties is really something to behold.

Banned

There will be ostrich at R20 per kg, but I need some education on which animals and which not + some general ostrich knowledge before hunt.

User

Prices I got this year:

Farm 1: R350.00 per day per person, self catering but includes bedding, aircon and your room gets serviced. Also includes use of vehicle, retrieval and slaughtering of animals as well as one bundle of firewood per day. Impala @ R800 for female and R1000.00 for male. Warthog @ R500.00, bushpig @ R1000.00, Zebra @ R4000.00, Kudu Bull any size @R7000.00. Not a wide variety of animals but good enough for the biltong and salami hunter.

Farm 2: R500.00 per day per person, self catering cottages with en-suite bedrooms, includes bedding, aircon and room being serviced. Also includes use of vehicle, retrieval and slaughtering of animals whilst you continue hunting, lots of firewood and unlimited ice. This farm is set up for foreign hunters so the finishes and hospitality is just that little bit "better". impala Rams R1200.00, ewes R1000.00 they also offer Sable, Roan, Buffalo, BWB, Giraffe, Nyala, Waterbuck, Springbuck, Gemsbok etc. all at very competitive prices.

Rough and tumble like you are offering I would pay R250.00 per person per day which should include slaughtering of animals and one bundle of firewood. I would gladly use my own vehicle though as this would presumably be either drive to a point and start walking or spot and stalk?

i would also prefer to pay a fixed price for the animal instead of a per KG price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2