User

Default Vector Optics - opinions or experiences ?

Good day members
    I have seen lots of advertising re Vector optics, who has an opinion or has anyone had any experience with them
    There seem to be lots of models and at low prices.
    I for one have stuck to the old adage buy as expensive as you can afford and have generally stuck to lynx, vortex etc
    I’m not looking to buy one but your opinions or experiences maybe useful to other members
    Cheers
    Gary

User

Default Re: Vector Optics - opinions or experiences ?

Wrote about it before. Bought one off Amazon about two years ago before they became widely available here. It lasted only a few months:

Parallax knob sheered off under recoil from a suppressed 3006. DHL'd it back to them, and received a replacement. Within days of fitting it the parallax would shift after every shot. Took it off, and it's been in it's box on the shelf ever since. No I won't buy another one easily.

User

We have 2 of them in the family, a 10x fixed model with 30mm tube and a 4-16x Hugo with 1" tube. Both do duty on .22 rifles. For the application, I can't fault them. The Hugo range would probably not last on a medium-bore center fire rifle. There are more expensive models for that.

The scopes have a 5-year warranty that basically covers factory faults. So if you break it, you just buy another one. The selling price makes this feasible.

Half of my Lynx and Leupold scopes have been back to the factory for repairs, and I got them back as good as new. I can recommend those makes. Vortex has about the best warranty in the business, so I can recommend that as well, although I have not needed to use it yet.

More comments and/or experiences with these scopes? Specifically the highest in the range Continental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I have a fair few Vortex Optics with a decent amount of use behind most of them.

3x Vortex Viper PST Gen 2’s (1-6x24, 3-15x44 and 5-25x50)
    A Razor (3MOA) and a Venom (6MOA) Red Dot
    1x and 3x Spitfire Prism Scopes
    And I used to have a Viper PST Gen 1 which was great as well.

So over about 6 years of use with Vortex I have really been impressed. They all have Vortex VIP Lifetime Warranty, and the glass and overall build quality of the scopes I have chosen have really impressed me.

My first Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 (Gen 1) was purchased after having used a Schmidt and Bender 5-25x56mm PMII for many years, and as you many know S&B optics are second to none. Funnily enough it didn’t seem as much of a downgrade as I was expecting. So I’ve really enjoyed the brand.

I have an issue with a high powered optic only once which Vortex SA took in for repairs no questions asked and had the scope back to me within about 2 weeks. Hope this helps you find some answers.

User

Quote Originally Posted by mattrm07 View Post
    I have a fair few Vortex Optics with a decent amount of use behind most of them.
    Vector, not Vortex.

On to cheaper scopes with decent warranties, look at Athlon Optics as well. The Tactical Guys are the agents for them in SA IIRC.

User

Banned

I recently bought a vector optics frenzy 2 and mounted it on my PPQ, it holds zero well for the price it makes me a better shot only problem I have with it is it switches off after 4 hours