Thread: The Glock Cube

Default The Glock Cube

I will be taking delivery of a Glock 19 in late September or early October and plan to do a lot of dry firing in addition to range work to build my skills as quickly a possible. I recently bought a packet of Glock Blocks from Jizni. It seems as though they inhibit the slide travel allowing the trigger to reset without having to 'rack' the slide. Since this is my first Glock I don't want to deal with installing and uninstalling a factory reset trigger device. Perhaps in the future, but not now. Has anyone out there used these blocks? Pros? Cons?

User

Default Re: The Glock Cube

They're a cool little idea to aid in dry fire practice. They hold the slide slightly out of battery so the trigger doesn't fully disengage from the striker and gives you a simulated trigger pull.

I like them

User

They actually keep the trigger in a position just before it would break, so it actually makes a difference in trigger pull on the range

User

You won't get the full 'click' where the sear/firing pin are released. The trigger returns forward under the return spring tension.

That's okay for dryfire though, I found training like that to decrease my expectation of the break and to help get out of the habit of pausing on reset.

You can do the same thing if you find the right thickness piece of cable tie or folded paper

Is it not more worthwhile getting a snap cap.

Believe it or not. I purchased an airsoft Gas blow back pistol same as my CZ. Just about 100% copies of each other. And I practice with that at home. Trigger pull sorted. Slight recoil when bolt cycles. And joy of shooting targets.

User

Just be aware of the difference in the feeling of the trigger with this and when actually releasing the striker.
    With this method you have the striker spring pushing the trigger forward during the reset cycle, it can result in you slapping the trigger / no follow through and actually worsening your trigger control.

User

With a snap cap you are limited to drills in which you can reset the striker in between trigger pulls. This is better for a few hundred trigger control exercise reps or transitions after trigger pulls

With my hammer fired guns I do a few reps DA, then put the safety on in SA for a similar effect.