User

Cool Preparing so long ........

My training with Andy Fuller from Homtini Shooting Academy has been postponed until the 20th August.

In the meantime, I decided to start purchasing some goodies. Bought myself a real gun belt. I also purchased myself a Chameleon V2 holster from Jizni. I must say, his service is excellent. I absolutely like the email updates. Before someone says " How can you buy a holster if you have not purchased a pistol yet ", don't worry. I have made up my mind that I am going to purchase a CZ P10 C or the optics ready model. Good reviews on the pistol. I did look at a Glock 19 or 45 as well. Somehow, the CZ sweet talks to me more.

I have joined GOSA as well as NHSA. Considering making use of Ranyati Motivations when the time comes to hand in motivations. They seem to cover all the bases. Has anyone made use of their services?

User

Default Re: Preparing so long ........

I used Ranyati to prepare the motivation for my SLR application last year, and the license was approved without any issues.

User

Get yourself a blue training gun in the meanwhile, you can do some home training with that.

I have a blue gun with two magazines so can use it for mag changes as well.

At some point CHS had these, but you should be able to find elsewhere too.

User

Thanks paulnb. I will give them a go.
    Kola, I have a Glock 19 BB pistol that I can play with, as well as a KWC 1911.

User

My thinking was you can practice draw, grip, re-holster and mag changes with your holster and belt.
    Not really ‘playing’.

Sorry should have explained more.

User

Kola, no need explaining. I should not have used the word "play". I take matters seriously and have been practicing my grip, drawing, acquiring sights and re-holstering in a safe location and paying close attention to muzzle direction. The KWC 1911 has a nice full-size magazine that I practice magazine changes with.

User

Proficiency training done on the 20th of August. Yay!! Submitting all my docs to my DFO this week, just waiting for a character witness letter from my boet (Ex cop ). I also got character witness letters from my boss as well as from my missus.

After careful consideration, I've purchased myself a CZ P10C from Habitat Africa in George in the meantime. Now, for the excruciating wait.

a friend did the same, bought the gun when he was doing the competency tests still, said it was the worst wait ever, good luck

Banned

A while ago, maybe three or six years, a Gunsiter bought a blue gun and started carrying it concealed. He also practiced drawing etc. In the end, he was better prepared to switch to the real firearm.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    A while ago, maybe three or six years, a Gunsiter bought a blue gun and started carrying it concealed. He also practiced drawing etc. In the end, he was better prepared to switch to the real firearm.
    I fully agree. I am currently using my 1911 BB gun for practice. Not ideal because of size, but it is better than nothing I suppose. I find that it does make you aware of where your muzzle is pointing. Unfortunately, I have not seen any CZ P10 BB pistols anywhere. That would have been ideal.