Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: FA Amnesty 2020/2021 question

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    Must be honest that, as a licensed FA owner I would be reluctant to hand in a FA with expired license on someone else's name. Basically you put on record with SAPS that you, as a responsible and law abiding licensed FA owner, was in fact in possession of an unlicensed "illegal" FA as well.
    Ha ha awesome. Seems you were indeed correct.

Anyone know if surrendered ammo is returned with the firearm when the license is approved?

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Anyone know if surrendered ammo is returned with the firearm when the license is approved?
    I suspect this will be dependent on many factors. I can only quote from one example that I have knowledge of where the officer who took in the firearm at the section 13 store said that neither firearm nor ammunition would leave his control at any stage because he takes it for the ballistic test and stands next to the guy that fires it (1 shot & they only keep the case, not the bullet) then puts all remaining ammunition back with the gun ready to hand over to the licensee once the licence has been issued.

Whether or not everybody involved will be this conscientious is open to conjecture...............

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    I suspect this will be dependent on many factors. I can only quote from one example that I have knowledge of where the officer who took in the firearm at the section 13 store said that neither firearm nor ammunition would leave his control at any stage because he takes it for the ballistic test and stands next to the guy that fires it (1 shot & they only keep the case, not the bullet) then puts all remaining ammunition back with the gun ready to hand over to the licensee once the licence has been issued.

Whether or not everybody involved will be this conscientious is open to conjecture...............
    That's what I heard as well

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3