Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Beirut blast: Massive explosion shakes Lebanon's capital

This is so sad . They are going to have such a hard time due the the hospitals already being overwhelmed .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I don't know about bombs/explosions but that crater looks very suspect to me. If something on the surface explodes, will it leave such a deep crater?
    A friend was injured in an explosion on the N1 outside Pietersburg a few years ago. A truck full of mining explosives was involved in a collision and started burning. The resulting detonation dug a huge crater in the road that could swallow a whole truck. That was about 25-35tons of explosives, not sure wheither it was Amonnium nitrate or other. 2750tons will obviously make MUCH a bigger crater. That hole is real.

Don't confuse real life explosions with the Hollywood depictions that we tend to watch regularly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SeanG View Post
    I read , i think was on EWN website, that the explosion was a fifth the size of the Hiroshima blast. Will try find link.
    Not sure how true that is.
    Yeah I can believe that. Not sure how Ammonia Nitrate compares to TNT but the Little Boy bomb was the equivalent of 18 000 Tons of TNT so 3000kg of Ammonia Nitrate could be a fifth of little Boy.

Scary thing is that modern hydrogen bombs are measured in tens of mega tons so they are 1000 times bigger than Hiroshima.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Yeah I can believe that. Not sure how Ammonia Nitrate compares to TNT but the Little Boy bomb was the equivalent of 18 000 Tons of TNT so 3000kg of Ammonia Nitrate could be a fifth of little Boy.

Scary thing is that modern hydrogen bombs are measured in tens of mega tons so they are 1000 times bigger than Hiroshima.

Yes my last readings led me to understand that no nuclear type weapons today measured less than a 1000 x Hiroshima

I don't know about bombs/explosions but that crater looks very suspect to me. If something on the surface explodes, will it leave such a deep crater?
    How does it "look suspect" to you, if you "don't know about bombs/explosions"? What then do you base your suspicions on?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    How does it "look suspect" to you, if you "don't know about bombs/explosions"? What then do you base your suspicions on?
    Did I ask a question, or couldn't you read further than the first line? Why is the first picture so clear and the after picture so blurry? Fly off.

User

I saw someone mention that it was around 2750 tons of ammonium nitrate. Not sure how accurate that number is, but is seems like it may at least be possible. That was a huge blast.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

User

Probably caused by some guy stockpiling the last tins of MP200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I ask a question, or couldn't you read further than the first line? Why is the first picture so clear and the after picture so blurry? Fly off.
    Yes mate. You did actually ask a question (you you seem to have asked another two in your reply to me) , I was genuinely interested in what you based your suspicions on, so thanks for answering my question. By the way, for future reference - putting a question mark (?) at the end of a sentence, usually means that one is asking a question. But thanks again for your reply to mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast