Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AR STOCK

User

Default Re: AR STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    I'm looking at ways to get a SBR as short as possible without going below 12" barrel, so that it can fit in a specific daypack - for transport by motorcycle.

So, practical is what I'm thinking, and less concerned about the looks.

Something like the law Tactical folding stock adaptor makes for less stowed length, but must be deployed before proper firing can commence, which involves removing the FA from the bag, so it's a bit more cumbersome, in that respect.
    Have a look at the Troy system, it's a pretty reliable in that it is tested. I can't remember off hand, but I think the spring and buffer setup are either carbine or H1 weight, either way both those weights should be as reliable as anything.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    You wanting it to fit in bag to transport on Motorcycle to go use at range.
    This is my primary motivation, though I would never rule out possible rapid deployment or firing from concealment, but that would hopefully be an unlikely last resort.

My EDC pistol would be there for self-defence.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Have a look at the Troy system, it's a pretty reliable in that it is tested. I can't remember off hand, but I think the spring and buffer setup are either carbine or H1 weight, either way both those weights should be as reliable as anything.
    Thanks Stevin - do you know who brings these in?

I'm thinking there would be a hassle importing this privately due to the BCG which is a main rifle part.

I'm looking at ways to get a SBR as short as possible without going below 12" barrel, so that it can fit in a specific daypack - for transport by motorcycle.

So, practical is what I'm thinking, and less concerned about the looks.

Something like the law Tactical folding stock adaptor makes for less stowed length, but must be deployed before proper firing can commence, which involves removing the FA from the bag, so it's a bit more cumbersome, in that respect.
    Folding stock really does not take much to unfold and go ready. .

You should really consider this option. DSG has some other brand folding stock if you looking for something in stock.

Otherwise I would suggest sylvan arms. You can buy in US , and use myus to get it here no problem.

Law tactical although I would think it's a great option I could not find any stock.

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk

User

Thanks Stevin - do you know who brings these in?

I'm thinking there would be a hassle importing this privately due to the BCG which is a main rifle part.
    When I was looking at these Tac Shac was able to get them from the importer, but I’m sorry I never asked who they were.

User

Different kit for different ops is the thing here.

A PDW stock is a purpose built piece of kit and as such a compromise between minimal compressed length and ergonomics. If you don't need it, it's just a TactiCool gadget and shooting with it sucks big time without proper cheek support, but if you work inside and around vehicles or you have some motive to keep the weapon hidden but ready to run it'll do the job better than "normal" telescopic stocks. The critical moment of an ambush is you returning fire and this combo works extremely well in this job.

Cons:

- a bit on the short side even in full length unless you are wearing thick body armor and shoot with chest support
    - little or no support for your cheek (there's an additional small slide on support with this stock, but it sort of beats the purpose by lengthening the compressed lenght)
    - will not run in full auto (not enough mass in the buffer causes bolt bounce and failure to fire due to hammer follow)
    - will not take the same amount of beating as a standard telescopic stock does

Pros:

- does what it's supposed to do: it is short when compressed

I don't recommend this or any similar PDW stock for making transportation of a sport shooting weapon easier, as I said it is purpose built and this is not its purpose. But, as for a easier to conceal SD weapon, it works fine.

User

Thanks for the input, Gents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2