Thread: FN FAL gunsmith

User

Default FN FAL gunsmith

Hello all

Can anyone suggest an excellent gunsmith experienced with FALs in the Pretoria/Centurion/Johannesburg area?

I want to confirm the headspace on my new to me FAL, especially as I sometimes shoot .308 ammunition. The rifle fires great and the headspace seems fine, but I just want to baseline it for future reference.

User

Quote Originally Posted by paulnb View Post
    Hello all

Can anyone suggest an excellent gunsmith experienced with FALs in the Pretoria/Centurion/Johannesburg area?

I want to confirm the headspace on my new to me FAL, especially as I sometimes shoot .308 ammunition. The rifle fires great and the headspace seems fine, but I just want to baseline it for future reference.
    I usually use kieth at weapring in centurion for work on my fal he knows them really well.
    I'm just not sure if he's still there the last few times I've visited the store I only seem to find his partner

User

Default Re: FN FAL gunsmith

Look for one who has the required parts to adjust the headspace, so it can be done if the measurement says it needs to be done. Bear in mind that a typical FAL intentionally has a slightly more generous headspace than a bolt action.

User

Ken Gillie at ARMS is also an old school gunsmith, ex SADF armourer I believe.

User

Magalies Wapens in PTA North, Grobbies was a SAPS Armourer for a long time, otherwise Arms in Waterkloof

User

Thanks Guys. I will make a turn by ARMS Waterkloof first as they are close to where I live.