Default Handgun training - CapeTown / Boland

Posting here as I think I can reach a larger audience. Mods if wrong move to correct section.

Sorry long post but I am looking for a specific person who is willing to help evaluate and get me on speed again with my handgun.

Background.
    Been gun owner (hand & rifle) for 35 years.
    Also hunted profesionally for couple of years so i am not a total newby around guns. Gun ownership started directly after army days.
    Blessed to be able to shoot equelly good left and right with a rifle. Can close either eye.
    Hardgun had always been right hand dominant.

I now have had a rather nasty motor car acident 6 months ago. Many operations later I can now walk again (yeah sort of like a duck), but I am movable. Biggest problem is my right arm (dominant arm / hand) that had been broken very badly. In a 5 hour op they got it as good as it will be. Downside is that I have lost large degree of movement (pronation) and lost a good part of power in the hand.

Requirement
    I need an instructor who is more then a normal instructor. Some who is willing to spend some time with me evaluating current condition/posture. Then who can help me adjust my handgun shooting stance to make most of my current liability. Fact that I can shoot Left and Right with rifle, i am also consider maybe trying to go left on my handgun.

So i am not looking at the standard guy who do first timers shooting instructions, but looking for someone who have the ability to evalute a much bigger picture and try and get a best solution within my confines/limits

Anyone in Cape Town that want to take on a "rehabilitation case". Payment us not a problem and willing to go extra as I understand this is a bit more complicated then just teaching someone the basics.
    "A physiotherapist who is also a gun instructure."???

I DO NOT see myself as handicapped as I believe I can adjust my handgun shooting, but I need an expert that can help me find an alternative / or adjusted shooting style.

If you not feeling like posting recommendations here please PM me details.

Again sorry for long post. Thanks for taking time to read it.

Edit.
    Prefer a one to one session initially to get to a workable solution before group work

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Handgun training - CapeTown / Boland

Very interesting dynamic you raise here. I wonder how many other gun owners out there with an impaired physical ability have even considered this dynamic.

It sounds like a niche market for the right trainer.

All the best in your quest.

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

User

Get in touch with Mark Human at MultiDimensional Warriors. All the best with the road ahead.

User

Dean Niewoudt at Fundikhono training consultants occasionally comes to Cape Towm to do courses. He often does them in collaboration with Geoff Carter.

I'd highly recommend Dean.

Find him on Facebook at Fundikhono.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Get in touch with Mark Human at MultiDimensional Warriors. All the best with the road ahead.
    Thank you. Will look them up

Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    Dean Niewoudt at Fundikhono training consultants occasionally comes to Cape Towm to do courses. He often does them in collaboration with Geoff Carter.

I'd highly recommend Dean.

Find him on Facebook at Fundikhono.
    Thanks. Will look him up. I really appreciate feedback.

User

I can also recommend Mark from MDW!

User

Mark Human - MDW

User

Quote Originally Posted by lookonimages View Post
    Thanks. Will look him up. I really appreciate feedback.

Sure, good luck!

User

Can confirm Mark Human is a great choice. You will not regret getting training with him.