Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Successful amnesty applications?

I haven't heard much about the success, or failure, of applicants using the (previous) amnesty. Are applications being approved? Are amnesty applications processed slower than first time applications? Possibly due to "ballistics testing"?

I've got my eye on three applications (not mine) that were submitted just before lockdown, which has obviously slowed things down. 100+ working days and 2 are at provincial and the other shows "payment received". Seems incredibly slow, so I'm wondering what the norm is?

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Successful amnesty applications?

I heard of one in the Western Cape. If I recall correctly it was mentioned here or on the FB-page.

I'm following 4 applications. The one that was submitted first (before lockdown) is showing (Send to CFR AVS) since early June.

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    I heard of one in the Western Cape. If I recall correctly it was mentioned here or on the FB-page.
    I think it was the fb page, I saw it too, a few months back already. But I've heard nothing since, which is why I asked.

It seems some DFO's are prioritizing amnesty applications, but it seems to take a hell of a long time to finalize the process.

You can basically write off April, May and June as they hardly did any work on any type of application.
    Hence why even competencies from December 2019 are still waiting.
    So applications handed in just before lockdown have hardly had any processing what so ever

I'm following 4 applications. The one that was submitted first (before lockdown) is showing (Send to CFR AVS) since early June.
    This app is showing "Received at licencing section" since today.

User

Progress. Small pleasures

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    You can basically write off April, May and June as they hardly did any work on any type of application.
    Agreed. The apps I am following were handed in mid March. Two got to provincial mid July. One is still showing "payment received".
    Still a long road ahead.

I was just wondering if anyone had come to the end of that long road. But it still seems that there aren't many that have been finalized yet.

So a little update. All four applications are showing "Received at licencing section" since early/mid August.The one applicant had to renew her competency as she only had the one firearm on her name. Today she received her Competency card, the approval date was the 21st of August.

User

What happens if applications take longer than the amnesty period? Can you appeal if they reject?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it will take some time still. I applied for a new firearm in May. Still showing processing. Now on 76 Working days.

I believe CFR said they are now looking at 120 days on applications.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast