Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: Successful amnesty applications?

Eastern Cape -Port Elizabeth

31/05/2020 - Applied x 3 licences
    20/10/2020 - received at licencing section
    03/03/2022 - IN PREPARATION FOR CONSIDERATION (AWAITING IBIS REPORT)

and unfortunately since then no movement what so ever

User

Contact the DFO and confirm that the IBIS report has indeed been sent to CFR. Or call the CFR and give them the SAP 13 number on the Amnesty Application so that they can confirm if it has indeed been loaded...Other than that i assume CFR is just working the backlog away...

APPROVED! Submitted during final amnesty application. Total wait = 500 Calendar days. I am overjoyed. Now the wait for the card to arrive and to find out if my firearm is still at the station

User

Amnesty Application Approved(30/5/2022). Western Cape. Inclusive of competency, 2 or 3 days short of 500 calender days.

User

Approved WC, 535 working days.
    Now to wait for that card. Probably another 500 days :P

User

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSonic View Post
    APPROVED! Submitted during final amnesty application. Total wait = 500 Calendar days. I am overjoyed. Now the wait for the card to arrive and to find out if my firearm is still at the station
    My girlfriends Dad was told to go pick up his pistol but it was moved during the riots last year and I doubt he'll ever get it back

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

User

I've received this email. I thought I'll just share it, as it might be useful to some.

We received an important message from a member of one of our Expert Coalitions, the South African Arms and Ammunition Dealers Association (SAADA), which we want to pass on to you.

This is also an opportunity to thank you for participating in our campaigns and being democratically-engaged, active, and responsible. Please keep an eye on our participation platform and social media, as well as our monthly newsletter, to stay up to date with latest developments regarding our democracy.

===== Message begins =====

There are positive developments for firearm owners stuck with expired licences. Recent proceedings in the Constitutional Court resulted in a major win by Fidelity and MJ Hood & Associates regarding the validity of these expired firearm licences.

We await an official directive from the SAPS to clarify the way forward. However, reason dictates that affected individuals can apply for new licenses for their firearms whose licenses have expired. This also applies to those who already handed their firearms into the SAPS under amnesty.

We also want to draw your attention to the latest circular from the SAPS National Commissioner, Sehlahle Fannie Masemola, on 7 June 2022.

Anyone who surrendered their firearms for destruction, or has a valid claim to such firearms, has until 7 July to make representations to the National Commissioner to prevent their destruction.

These representations can be via email to XabaSl@saps.gov.za

The South African Arms and Ammunition Dealers Association (SAAADA) is willing to assist people who:
    1. Can identify their firearm on the list of guns marked for destruction; and
    2. Who surrendered that firearm because they had no other choice, i.e. did not make use of the amnesty.
    If you satisfy the above criteria, please contact SAAADA at saada@mweb.co.za.

==== ENDS ====

Thank you for being democratically engaged, active and responsible.

Gideon Joubert
    CEO, Dear South Africa

User

Amnesty application approved!

Submitted 2021/01/21
    Approved 2022/07/07
    532 days

Western Cape

User

Well done and congrats....Now the drag for the card...Which station in the WC?

Eastern Cape -Port Elizabeth

31/05/2020 - Applied x 3 licences
    20/10/2020 - Received at licencing section
    11/10/2022 - Approved

Calendar Days 863
    Business Days 617

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast