Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Successful amnesty applications?

In June I also did a new app. It is about 60 working days. It seems the transport of the apps is the main problem.
    It is currently at
    SEND TO CFR (AVS) The application was finalised at the Provincial DFO and forwarded to CFR for processing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    In June I also did a new app. It is about 60 working days. It seems the transport of the apps is the main problem.
    It is currently at
    SEND TO CFR (AVS) The application was finalised at the Provincial DFO and forwarded to CFR for processing.
    Anyone know if it is necessary to have it go to provincial? Or can you have it couriered straight from your local police station to CFR? Ive heard people having success with section 21's using this process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    Anyone know if it is necessary to have it go to provincial? Or can you have it couriered straight from your local police station to CFR? Ive heard people having success with section 21's using this process.

The Provincial DFO does a quality control on the application so it has to go to them first. I know of quite a few cases were signatures or documents were missing and Provincial DFO sent it back to get fixed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    The Provincial DFO does a quality control on the application so it has to go to them first. I know of quite a few cases were signatures or documents were missing and Provincial DFO sent it back to get fixed.
    Makes sense, although super inefficient.

User

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    My DFO does that. The call usually goes something like "hey moenie kom kanse vattie, watse nonsens is die, kom stasie toe".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    My DFO does that. The call usually goes something like "hey moenie kom kanse vattie, watse nonsens is die, kom stasie toe".

User

There was a post on the GOSA fb page today confirming a successful amnesty application.

Good news.

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    There was a post on the GOSA fb page today confirming a successful amnesty application.

Good news.

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk
    Great news.

I just saw her post, that is good news indeed. Let's hope all of them come through now.

Mine was also successful, and I am glad to have done it, and followed the correct process, (which took in total around 11 months) however, the derelict state in which I received the firearm back after this process is leaving a very, very bitter taste in my mouth. From a “as new” pistol, to something which I will now have to spend thousands of rands on to fix, I am properly pissed. Thinking back, not sure what I was thinking that they will look after it properly...

Good luck to the poor fellows with their expensive hunting rifles.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast