Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Re: Successful amnesty applications?

The CFR says it needs my handguns Ballistics Report from my DFO but my DFO told me they don't do it. Who does the Ballistic Reports?

User

Nearly 500 days on mine. Still stuck at the CFR.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MARS-97 View Post
    The CFR says it needs my handguns Ballistics Report from my DFO but my DFO told me they don't do it. Who does the Ballistic Reports?
    hi
    I was in the same position as you. After being sent from one officer to the next, I eventually contacted the station commander who ensured that the firearm was sent for ballistics... I live in a dorpie so it was taken to Bloemfontein.

about two weeks later the provincial Dfo confirmed receipt of said report..

now its stuck at Send to Cfr.. ony 316 days

Quote Originally Posted by SHABSFS View Post
    hi
    I was in the same position as you. After being sent from one officer to the next, I eventually contacted the station commander who ensured that the firearm was sent for ballistics... I live in a dorpie so it was taken to Bloemfontein.

about two weeks later the provincial Dfo confirmed receipt of said report..

now its stuck at Send to Cfr.. ony 316 days
    Re-Apply.

That is lost.
    It could be that the Provincial department scanned it to CFR but it never even left. Or that it arrived at CFR but never scanned in. So lost.

If I were you I would rather just hand in a new app.

As you could email and phone all at CFR a thousand times and nothing will happen.

I did a 3rd party Amnesty application.
    On Monday my DFO informed me that the CFR sent my Application back as the new owner is not the same as the previous owner.
    My DFO told me many other people did 3rd party apps with no problem, mine is the only one they received back from the CFR and my DFO told me
    the reason from the CFR is absurd.
    What can I do about it as my DFO's Captian is still investigating the reason from the CFR.

User

Several that I know of. My Dad's .32ACP was approved before Christmas, a friend's section 13 and section 15 licenses were approved, weeks later; cards in hand. Fairlands SAPS.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Re-Apply.

That is lost.
    It could be that the Provincial department scanned it to CFR but it never even left. Or that it arrived at CFR but never scanned in. So lost.

If I were you I would rather just hand in a new app.

As you could email and phone all at CFR a thousand times and nothing will happen.
    Good day
    finally some movement...

my application skipped a few steps and moved straight to in preparation for consideration

hoping for the best now

Applied in Jan 2021 (last amnesty period). There seems to finally be some movement at the CFR - it is now in 'in preparation for consideration'. To be honest I have written off the idea of seeing my pistol again. I imagine they must be rejecting lots of these amnesty applications on the grounds that the owners let their licenses expire in the first place. Even if you clear that hurdle and eventually get your approval, you have to hope that your firearm did not get transported or lost in the system during this long period of time.

User

Mine has moved to IN PREPARATION FOR CONSIDERATION (AWAITING IBIS REPORT). Its been nearly 2 years now.

User

The amnesty apps I was following were finally approved. 530 working days. They were handed in during the first amnesty.

One was a 410/.22 on S15 with a self-written motivation.

My new apps (approved a month later) were approved in 193 working days, for comparison.

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast