Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default What Competition/Sport Shooting Hangun Do You Use?

Trying to get a feel for what people use. For instance do a lot of people who shoot sport/competition just use their EDC or do many buy competition specific guns.

Will be applying for a second handgun under Section 15 for Occasional Sport Shooting and am wondering whether to stick with Glock (my Section 13 is a G19 Gen 4) or look elsewhere. Would be nice if said gun also was compatible with a Roni Gen 4, but is not a deal breaker.

User

Default Re: What Competition/Sport Shooting Hangun Do You Use?

Carry Glock 19
    SAPSA Production Shadow 2

User

In your case, another G19 or a G17 would be ideal, because it'll serve as backup should your EDC go out of action for whatever reason. You can progress real far in both IPSC and IDPA with a G19 or a G17.

User

Have one pistol only, Sig SP2022. Use it for everything (shooting related). For dedicated sport only pistol would consider a Shadow, P320 full size or G34/35. Possibly the Glock / Sig for the consistent trigger pull from first to last shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I have a handful of glocks one for edc and the rest for sport and backup Edc.
    If I buy another for pure sport it would be a shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    In your case, another G19 or a G17 would be ideal, because it'll serve as backup should your EDC go out of action for whatever reason. You can progress real far in both IPSC and IDPA with a G19 or a G17.
    Yeah was considering the G17 Gen 5 because the specs are pretty well exactly the same as the G19 so would have little trouble in moving back and forth between the two. But am keeping my options open just in case there's something I see and can really feel a difference. The Shadow is a beaut but is it worth the extra 10k. Only one way to find out I guess...

User

Your second gun should really be able to stand in fully for your first gun, if necessary. Buy the G17G5, learn the game, it won't hold you back in any way. Spend money on good reloading stuff etc, THEN buy the dedicated-for-games gun.

User

EDC a CZ P07, comp shoot a CZ P09, parts are interchangeable, so I have one set of spares..

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Your second gun should really be able to stand in fully for your first gun, if necessary. Buy the G17G5, learn the game, it won't hold you back in any way. Spend money on good reloading stuff etc, THEN buy the dedicated-for-games gun.
    You make a good point. The G17 does seem like a wise choice, when considering my G19 might get seized if an incident occurs, and can then double as EDC. Plus my happy sticks will fit in the G17 and I can also get that Roni I've been eyeing. When I eventually go dedicated I can then splash out on something else.

User

Default What Competition/Sport Shooting Hangun Do You Use?

EDC a Glock 43, shoot an STI/SVI in open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast