Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: What Competition/Sport Shooting Hangun Do You Use?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Glock 19 for both.

I am not highly competitive at sport shooting but highly competitive at self defence shooting. That is why my sport gun and EDC gun are the same setup. I don't use my EDC gun for sport shooting though.
    How the heck do you motivate for two G19s if you don't have dedicated?

One of my primary reasons for wanting a second gun as opposed to using my EDC G19 is that I also don't want to use my EDC for sport shooting. I want my EDC to be in tip top shape and don't want any unneccessary wear and tear on it like sport/target shooting.

I'm guessing you went this route when motivating?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Depending on how far down the rabbit hole of competition you want to go?

If you want to be highly competitive it's unlikely your competition gun will be something you'll carry.

However having said that, guys do extremely well with a 17/19, hard work beats cool gear any day.
    What the Capn said

Started with a 19, did alright with it as a combo EDC/Sport gun. Got a Shadow SP01 for sports only. Got a 2nd Shadow SP01 for sports only

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I have DSS.

Motivation was exactly that. I cannot use my S13 handgun for sport shooting because of wear and tear and also that I use the same type of firearm for both because I need to be proficient in my SD firearm. I also threw in a sentence about sights that I want to change on my sport gun but that are not robust enough for SD carry. Have never got to do it though. Both has Rescomp sights with the fibre optic insert in front and I am 100% content.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Also need to add that for serious sport shooting like in competing at all levels and want to go to international events etc I doubt that Glock would be my first choice as weapon to get me there at the top of the shooting sports. Glock are excellent, I am a serious Glock fan, but there are better race guns. There certainly also are Glock shooting experts that can outshoot anybody else with their Glocks. For the "normal" bloke like myself it just seems to me that the Shadows for instance do better at the range than I can do with my Glock. But that is just for me.

User

Also need to add that for serious sport shooting like in competing at all levels and want to go to international events etc I doubt that Glock would be my first choice as weapon to get me there at the top of the shooting sports. Glock are excellent, I am a serious Glock fan, but there are better race guns. There certainly also are Glock shooting experts that can outshoot anybody else with their Glocks. For the "normal" bloke like myself it just seems to me that the Shadows for instance do better at the range than I can do with my Glock. But that is just for me.
    I disagree.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    I disagree.
    You want to give some details about why you disagree ?

User

Theres more than a few top guys using glocks at the world level.

User

Well sponsorship does talk... Robert Vogel has shot Glock for longer than I have been in to shooting, Jerry has been with S&W since forever, but it was 2016 (?) that Lena moved to Sig?

For normal people, they follow trends and what is available. How many STI's in 38 Super do you see at a local IPSC match?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    Theres more than a few top guys using glocks at the world level.
    So what exactly in Adoons post are you disagreeing with ? You give a two word answer to a post where the guy specifically uses himself as the yardstick. The only place he states something as a fact is the better race guns than a Glock part, which would be difficult to argue with, despite a few (and not more actually) truly exceptional individuals who have risen to the top using Glocks. They are the exception rather than the rule. They should be admired more for their skill, mental fortitude and commitment that their choice of weapon at that level.

I have DSS.

Motivation was exactly that. I cannot use my S13 handgun for sport shooting because of wear and tear and also that I use the same type of firearm for both because I need to be proficient in my SD firearm. I also threw in a sentence about sights that I want to change on my sport gun but that are not robust enough for SD carry. Have never got to do it though. Both has Rescomp sights with the fibre optic insert in front and I am 100% content.
    Excellent, just hope they approve my application as I don't have DSS, it will be under Section 15.

Luckily I'm not aiming for Jerry's title just yet ;) so a Glock will serve me just fine

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast