User

Default Any HK vp40 or P30 owners

Hi Guys

Any Vp40 or P30 40s&w owners?

Would you recommend over the usual m&p, glock and CZ?

Thank you

User

Default Re: Any HK vp40 or P30 owners

Quote Originally Posted by delko View Post
    Hi Guys

Any Vp40 or P30 40s&w owners?

Would you recommend over the usual m&p, glock and CZ?

Thank you
    I owned a P30L, shitty stock trigger.

And no, hell no, I would not recommend them above any of the others because you cant find parts, magazines are rare and need to be financed nearly. Zero support in SA unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I own a few.

As a first or backup gun, probably not recommended - due to scarce availablity of parts and mags

Having said that - should you get one don't expect to pay Toyota prices for a Bentley

Everyone bitches and moans about cost of parts and mags on an HK - as the HK social media girl says (for those who follow them on IG) - HK is not for the poors. :-P Lol

You will need to know where to look for spares and mags.

I have had a few dealers help me out in the past (Rosenthal's, Dave Sheer, Spartan)

I am very well stocked on spares and mags, and absolutely love my P30L 9mm, VP9, P30 in .40, and my MP5

They saw lots of action at club shoots but work related travel has caught up in the past year

Crappy trigger on the P30? Yeah probably. Long travel and reset and not the crispest. It's not the best out there - but I love mine

User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodedHoodlum View Post
    Crappy trigger on the P30? Yeah probably. Long travel and reset and not the crispest. It's not the best out there - but I love mine
    The trigger was not great, I still shot the gun pretty well but thats before I could tell the difference between good or bad.

Great guns, bad support

I would rob someone for an MP5 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Hi Guys

Thank you for the replies

Who sells hk other than spartan?

User

Before you buy an H&K you need to ask yourself one question - "Am I prepared to pay R2000 for a magazine?".

While it sounds great to stockpile mags etc etc; there's the question of whether financially it's a good idea to drop a ton of money on mags that for the most part will be used to give dust a place to settle. It's much easier - and cheaper - to walk into a store and purchase magazines as and when you need them.

For reference, this comes from my time stockpiling P229 mags that I now no longer really have a use for and, quite frankly, can't sell for anywhere near the price I paid for them.

Ultimately the decision is yours and yours to live with. Folks will try and give you good advice for the most part.

I think the shock of someone asking about H&K has blinded everyone to the part where you're going one step further and asking for an H&K in 40S&W! Assuming this the question is asked in relation to your first EDC gun, 40S&W will vary rarely be the calibre that's recommended. But that's an entirely different bun fight altogether!